Max's Training Log - 1 Year On

Associate
Hopefully this log can be of use to some people and maybe provide some of that much needed motivation for weight loss.

Here goes...

Since about the age of 16 I have had a bit of a weight problem but from roughly 21-24 I got really out of shape.

The highest weight I actually weighed myself at was 25st 13lbs but I have no doubt at some stage it was a bit more than that. The cause? I can't pin point it to any particular reason, but a spout of depression that went on for 5 years didn't help.

In September 2011 I came back from holiday and went to my GP's after showing some signs of diabetes and low and behold I was diagnosed with Type 2 a few weeks later. That moment right then was the kick up the bum I desperately needed.

From then I went onto a diet that comprised mainly of low sugar, careful carb watching and high protein. To this day I didn't see it as a "diet" but a way of just eating properly. My best friend soon became spicy home made squash soup, that combined with a lot of omelettes and a decent evening meal was my diet sorted.

Training wise I had to start off really carefully as at 26 stone most things are difficult. Gradually I built up from walking to jogging, cycling and rowing.

It was a few months before I started any lifting as the weight was falling off me at about 3-4lbs a week.

In January this year I started posting in the 2012 Weight Loss Thread and posted a weight of 22st 12lbs so I had lost a fair amount coming up to this time.

That thread has been great, not only for the knowledge shared but a way of logging my weight each week and seeing my progress since the beginning.

Fast forward a few months and I combined the Strong Lifts 5x5 workout with my cardio and changed my diet bit by bit so I wasn't loosing all muscle.

As of today I weigh 14st 10lbs so just over 11st loss in what I think is a year to the day since I actually started it seriously. My blood sugar levels are back to normal and I control it by diet and exercise which is the main thing I guess!

I still have some fat to lose and I want to get down to 14st and see how I feel/look and then take the next step in building some muscle.

I will use this log from now on and post how I get on in year 2!

Here's a quick picture from when I was 26st on the right, about 20st in the middle and 16st on the left. I look a bit different again now so in a couple of weeks I will put a more recent picture up.

1yr.png

Sorry for the mega long first post :p

Cheers mate.

Short term goals, get to 14st and see how I look, but I have a feeling I may need to go a bit lower than that.

Long term goal, look like Freefaller :p

Inspirational.

The word is thrown around a lot these days but if anyone needed a reason to go to that gym session they're putting off, threads like these must surely make them change their mind.

Keep going, based on your progress 14st won't be far away at all.

Thanks!

Here are my current SL stats, a bit down on what they were before I went on holiday for a month.

Squats - 90kg
Bench - 62.5kg
BB Row - 52.5kg
OHP - 30kg
Deadlift - 90kg

Would like to see my squats and deads get to 100kg and possibly an 80kg bench.

Yeah I've been buying cheap clothes for a few months for that very reason!

I have a few medium t-shirts now that fit fine and should be ok with my eventual shape.

Currently a 34" trouser which I don't think will go to a 32".

One more thing, do I need to think about any supplements at this stage, vitamins?

I take MP Impact whey on the days I lift after training.

Fish oils? I have oily fish once sometimes twice a week.

Ended up buying Omega 3 fishoil capsules and Alpha Men MV from MP, start on that tomorrow.

Really struggling with my bench press @ 67.5kg, squat is at 95kg and feels ok so my chest must be weak.

Can't see me hitting 70kg bench on Thursday :(

Back
Top Bottom