The Oblivion 360 Thread

Permabanned
Right, lets face ity none of the other thread titles make sense for the long haul, so along with doing some massive rumour control (due to a large amount of false negativity seeping across the atlantic), Im gonna start the thread that we can all use as we get and play the game (cept you cheeky yanks who have it, you can all go die somewhere...grrrr. and send me a copy by airmail first! ;))

RUMOUR: The graphics are not next gen/they looked better in the videos/draw distance sucks. As bland as morrowind. No advancment.

OBLIVION

oblivion7vr.jpg

MORROWIND

screen16.jpg
[edit] a more fair comparison shot]

Suitably next gen imo....and then some, look at the frigging draw distance i mean '!!!' TBH

Radient AI is crap.

Well i dont think we really expected much more than daily routines of NPC's which they have. I geuss naysayers expected living breathing SKYNET-alikes.

So far this is all the bad rumour ive found but i'll add more here if it shows up and mitigate it as best i can without a copy.

For anyone left in doubt, think this;about 100,000(est) americans went out to buy this this morning, ive heard only a handful of bad remarks....in fact i havent heard from the others at all....kinda speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol,

well now that looks better to my eyes,

now its working ;) lol

Looks next gen to me,

Wish it was online though, but there we go lol.

Will probably buy, but think i will still be playing wow for a long time yet.

Soldato
With the hype some of you people here are generating for this game you can ONLY be disappointed once you start playing.

I've seen the videos: nice landscapes for sure; but landscapes and big empty nothings soaring to the horizon dont make a game. Finger's crossed though..for Ultra_Extreme if nothing else!

Permabanned
OP
you know its surprisingly hard to find any "ive played it" info atm. That really refills my confidence bar big style because it definately indicates that most people are playing and still are now without breaking to say anything at all on the forums.

I was one of the unlucky ones whose Half Life 2 pre-order didnt arrive on release. So i was on the boards. Within an hour or two there were already a few "great game buuuuttt" type threads, far more than ive seen anywhere so far (elderscrolls.com forums are like 80% yank). I reckon, amongst fans at least, this game is even MORE hyped than HL2 was, so it bodes well i think.

Soldato
This game will obliterate all rpgs silly. Morrowind used the first generation NetImmerse engine which Dark Age of Camelot (classic) once used - and that engine alone was utterly jaw dropping, even looks good today still, though the npc's looked like they all needed a slap.

Oblivion will look stunning, and lets face it - even if it had Morrowind's gameplay I wouldn't complain at all. Being able to roam a freeform world and rob, murder, and pester shopekeepers will be a hoot. I wonder if that crab merchant from morrowind is still around...

Soldato
bruce said:
Which sites the best for getting pre orders on the day of release?

About to order this game now, hopefully to get it Friday.

Anyone recommend ? :D

Gotta be Gameplay. They have never failed me. Just don't order it thursday night and expect it to turn up on friday!

Associate
Ultra_Extreme said:
Well i dont think we really expected much more than daily routines of NPC's which they have. I geuss naysayers expected living breathing SKYNET-alikes.

I expected a lot more than that tbh and how could you not after all these cool AI storys and things from the developers about how they where having to turn the AI down because they where just to clever, now it seems that the AI isn't really all that hot, if it wasn't mind blowing to begin with why get peoples hopes up thinking this was going to be the next big step in AI , I know it's hype for the game but it just seems stupid to me.

Back
Top Bottom