Members Website List

Man of Honour
It has been reported that the members website list contains lots of dead links, unsuitable sites (i.e. sites that do not comply with the requirements of the forum rules), etc. Sure enough, it only took me two clicks to find a non-existant domain.

I fear the effort required to go through the list and pick out every single broken site, unsuitable site, inactive site, etc. would be somewhat time-consuming and rather inaccurate, to say the least. So, I'd like to propose we start again.

I also note that the current owner of the list, Cyro, is no longer active on the forums and just stops by very rarely to update the list. I'd like to sincerely thank him for all the efforts over the last four years, but suggest that perhaps it is time to hand the torch to someone more active. Therefore, would anyone else be willing to 'step up' to maintaining a new list?

As this list is maintained for the benefit of the members, I'll open this up to your comments and thoughts. So, it's your turn. :)

Soldato
When I was browsing through it the other day I noticed a lot of links were dead. I'd be happy to go through the current one and sort it out, as well as keeping it up to date. I'd have to brush up on what's allowed and what isn't, though. Perhaps it would be better to get a couple of people working on it?

Man of Honour
OP
Sure, if you're willing, then why not. I wasn't sure anyone would be willing to spend the time required on it. Sadly as people around here know I'm not exactly active in this forum, so I don't have much time myself, but will do what I can to help. :)

You'll have to start a new thread obviously as you can't edit the posts in the existing one. When the time is right I'll happily swap them over.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
The other alternative might be for someone with some time on their hands (I'm looking at you students :p) to knock something up which is database driven that users can update themselves?

Soldato
I'll start going through the old list and remove dead/unsuitable links and start a new thread shortly, or longly, depending how long it takes.

And your idea sounds good too Adz.

Soldato
It'd also be handy to give a description of your site. The username and url aren't really enough to make me/others 'want' to click.
If you get what I mean..?

Soldato
Looking good Beansprout.

I've done N-Z as well as the blogs section. N-Z was even worse for dead links than A-M, which made it a lot easier for me. Because there were only two working websites in the blogs section I've merged them in with the rest, unless people really want a separate blog section?

I'll start a new thread with the list in shortly.

Back
Top Bottom