Members Website List

Man of Honour
OP
OK, here's my guidance on the subject of forums, Google Adsense, etc., barring any ruling to the contrary (I've asked for confirmation):

1. If you're just linking to a forum to plug your forum, then that's a no.
  2. If you're linking to a site that contains other stuff, and a forum, then that's probably OK.
  3. If your site is ad supported (i.e. you use ads to cover costs, that's OK). Good examples of this would be free uploaders.
  4. If you are just out to make a profit, that's again a no.
  5. And finally, if your site breaks the forum rules (competitors, swearing, etc.), then that's a definite no. For example, please be careful with sites where people other than you can add content - e.g. blog sites, as these are prone to swearing etc. being posted.
I hope that helps.

PS - please excuse the slightly confusing thread now. I've removed the discussion from the stuck thread and put it here.

Associate
Berserker said:
OK, here's my guidance on the subject, barring any ruling to the contrary (I've asked for confirmation):

1. If you're just linking to a forum to plug your forum, then that's a no.
  2. If you're linking to a site that contains other stuff, and a forum, then that's probably OK.
  3. If your site is ad supported (i.e. you use ads to cover costs, that's OK). Good examples of this would be free uploaders.
  4. If you are just out to make a profit, that's again a no.
  5. And finally, if your site breaks the forum rules (competitors, swearing, etc.), then that's a definite no. For example, please be careful with sites where people other than you can add content - e.g. blog sites, as these are prone to swearing etc. being posted.
I hope that helps.

Thanks for this.

My take on what you've said is that my non-commercial parenting site could go into the member's sites list but I am not permitted to link to it by way of a sig, n'est pas? The list is just that but a link in the sig serves no other real purpose than to plug it, correct? If this is the case then this would also be true of many other sigs too?

Man of Honour
OP
At the end of the day, if there is any doubt, then sites have to be treated on their individual merits. The members website list is not an excuse to avoid the forum rules, but if there is justifiable reason for including a site, then in it goes.

Back
Top Bottom