Members Website List

Associate
No promotion of business interests

You may not promote any website or business you have a financial or other interest in, or use the popularity of this community to help build one of your own. The forums are here to allow people to freely share knowledge, not provide them with personal financial gain, or free advertising.

This is a bit of joke considering the amount of sigs with commercial ventures linked to. Admitedly, it hads been a month or so, so perhaps the rule has been applied to everyone.

I have a few non-commercial sites that I built but was informed it was pimping to display them in my sig. Yet so many others do it. Never was clear about this and gave up after several attempts to contact the Mods team. Surely all sites are gaining in some fashion if you link to them, non-commercial or otherwise. What harm a parenting forum can do to OcUK is beyond me but a link to someone running a pc hardware business is obvious.

Man of Honour
Dried Graze said:
This is a bit of joke considering the amount of sigs with commercial ventures linked to. Admitedly, it hads been a month or so, so perhaps the rule has been applied to everyone.

I have a few non-commercial sites that I built but was informed it was pimping to display them in my sig. Yet so many others do it. Never was clear about this and gave up after several attempts to contact the Mods team. Surely all sites are gaining in some fashion if you link to them, non-commercial or otherwise. What harm a parenting forum can do to OcUK is beyond me but a link to someone running a pc hardware business is obvious.
Yell at me if you spot any commercial links, I'm always on the look-out :)

Associate
Well when my sig for www.largefamilies.co.uk (oops) was removed after several months of unremarkable existence, I decided to take a look to see if the rule was being applied to everyone. I visited only one thread and found eight iirc that linked to sites with forums or in a few cases, directly to what OcUK deems 'competitor' sites. I sent the e-mail and examples several times but never received a reply. In hindsight, I'm glad as I didn't want to appear like a whinger or sad git for making such an effort.

I know the mod staff have a huge job to do and can't spot everything but some of these sigs belong to members with thousands of posts and I can't believe they've been missed.

Anyway, rant over. I feel much better and if I slip back into a foul mood anytime soon, I'll squeal, happy in the knowledge that I've made someone feel as ****** off as me in having the sig removed :D

Still an explanation would be appreciated.

Soldato
EirePlane - Yours is an empty index, so I won't add it. EDIT: Although, it looks like you're installing WordPress, so if you get a website on it I'll add it.

Seek - There are already forums linked in the list so I'll add yours. Going on what Dried Graze has said, though, I'm not sure if other forums are deemed to be competitors or if it's because he has google adsense on it. Maybe Berserker could clear this up?

Soldato
Mr_L said:
Seek - There are already forums linked in the list so I'll add yours. Going on what Dried Graze has said, though, I'm not sure if other forums are deemed to be competitors or if it's because he has google adsense on it. Maybe Berserker could clear this up?
i'm a bit confused. if you're banning websites which have forums or adsense then you may as well just ban sites which have text+images.

the majority of sites will have forums and/or adsense these days.

Soldato
Well done mate this could be quite useful!

Thought id point out that the bandwidth has been exceeded on twobeds according its thumbnail on the website page ;)

Soldato
looking good, had a little go but managed to screw up mu entry :p oh well waiting for the edit feature now to fix it.

Man of Honour
OP
Gets a bit nasty if you hover your mouse over the end of 'OC Host Review' (@ 1024x768) though. Tried on FF 1.5 and IE6.

Whoever added the link to 'Walker Designs' seems to have made a slight mistake. It'll probably be a good idea to check for error that in the script and 'fix' it (it's so common).

Oh, and nice capture of Twobeds. :eek: :p

Man of Honour
^ All sorted :)

Twobeds might also get a proper screenshot eventually :p

Edit features will probably arrive tomorrow, since I sort-of have work to do about 7 hrs ago :cool:

Gets a bit nasty if you hover your mouse over the end of 'OC Host Review' (@ 1024x768) though. Tried on FF 1.5 and IE6.
Will see about that :)

Soldato
Beansprout - I think it might be worth while if you change change the order that sites are listed so it is sorted by OCUK username, as if someone wants to find a members site it would make things a bit easier.

Man of Honour
Evil-Penguin said:
Beansprout - I think it might be worth while if you change change the order that sites are listed so it is sorted by OCUK username, as if someone wants to find a members site it would make things a bit easier.
I'll be adding the sorting stuff in, no problemo :)

Back
Top Bottom