Driving a mr2 on bald tyres

Permabanned
Hello all. Since my dad had got an mr2 (2003) for my mother for here anniversary (wedding), I have had my eyes on it. we have had it for like 6 months.

Brilliant car revs really well 6000+ :D. Only problem was that the rear tyres were totally bald. I mean they were like slicks. :rolleyes: And it was raining. So here i was taking the bend at 70mph in 3rd, when the rear of the car swung round. I nearly crapped myself. Dying at 17 :( Anyways the car was facing the wrong way and we were doing 70 backwards.

Bleh. I somehow escaped without damaging the car. However I think I need some new rear tyres.

2 questions. One how do you stop that happening (even with new tyres and please dont tell me to slow down, that what makes it fun). Also does anyone have any tyres to recommend. I dont know what is decent and what is not.

The sizes I need are 215/40/16 . I still think 215 is a bit thin but eh. The old ones were Yokahoma tyres. Cheers

Caporegime
tommy_knockers said:
2 questions. One how do you stop that happening (even with new tyres and please dont tell me to slow down, that what makes it fun).
You're asking how to defy the laws of physics.

Oh yeah and slow down, idiot.

Soldato
You drove a car with bald tires in the rain, at speed, in something that's known for having a lively rear end?

I'm speechless.

What was it they say about young drivers again because it seems to ring true here.

Associate
I hope to god that the car is parked up, at your house, and not being used untill you have had new tyres put on it.
Where are the police when you need them, two bald tyres would have been nice 6points, and then you wouldnt be driving untill you resit.

As for tyres
Toys T1-R or Goodyear Eagle F1s

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I hope your rents see this post, then they will smack your butt & send you to your room where all immature naughty children should be.
Another point is this. Driving fast is about from Point A to point B, if you do not reach point B then you are not driving fast you are crashing. I s'pose others have been lucky not to get wiped out by your crap driving and lack of maturity, i also think you don't know how lucky you are and will just get mummy to pay for any damages done in the future.
I hope this post is Abusive enouth without breaking any rules, the term Tard springs to mind.

Don
Who, in their right mind, insures a 17 YEAR OLD on a power RWD mid-engined car....

They need a good slapping. Anyway, despite what others 'brag' about on these forums, if you do dangerous and irresponsible acts on the road then you are a tit. Plain and simple.

Get some proper tyres and keep the car within it's limits. I've had my MR2 for 8 months, and not once have I overstepped the car's abilities.

Soldato
I'm either calling BS on this, or, we have found the single most moronic family in the UK.

Do us all a favour, stay off the roads, before you kill some one.

Associate
at 17 you probably still think you are superhuman and don't realize the aftermath an accident can have.
a friend of mine called mark had a mk11 mr2 his pride and joy, any he worked for a company called roger bullivants .it was raining and he offered his freind john(i think that was his name ) a lift home , john walked to work as it was only just over a mile to his house on the first bend out off the gates from work mark lost control and spun sidewards into an oncoming car all three were killed . mark must have been trying to show off and took two fathers with him imagine what there kids think of mark now nobody is superhuman.

Back
Top Bottom