Driving a mr2 on bald tyres

Soldato
The reason why I ask is that I can put my son on my insurance @ fully comprehensive for only £1500. (17yrs old, just got license). I know that seems a lot but he was quoted £2500 for a peugeot 406 HDI estate!

Is it safe to let him in the car. He is a competant driver and has been driving for around 3yrs.

Associate
I am from the ROI and there is no way he would be insured on an MR2 at 17 it took me year's of building up my ncb on small engine cars until i could get quoted on fast cars. I now pay €710 Full Comp on an 07 2.5T Focus ST and most insurance companies will still not touch me on that car. And i have a full licence for 7 years no points ever.

When i was 21 i got a quote of 6995 full comp on a .9 Opel Corsa so he is talking crap.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
No, it's not uncommon but it's fairly pointless unless you've gone for wider wheels at the back. Mine are wider at the back but the actual rim diamater is the same.

The TVR Chimaera (and possibly Grifith) have 16's on the back and 15's on the front. Maybe he's got mixed up again and actualy has a TVR, not an MR2? Easy done, they share one letter between them...

Back
Top Bottom