Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins - Doomed for success?

Soldato
Just browsing IMDB, it looks as if the actor playing John Connor has been confirmed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

This film has just gone up in my estimations. :D

Do you think it will still be dire? I'm still in two minds about it, but I think it will be virtually impossible for me not to enjoy this film now. :p

Permabanned
Oh FFS....I'd rather see Jude Law than him.

"Oh no! Terminators!" *frown*

"We're doomed!" *frown*

"We're saved!" *frown*

"I love you!" *frown*

*n

Permabanned
Well it can't be worse than the third one can it :confused: :p
Bale rocks, excellent actor who has on a few occasions nearly killed himself getting into character :eek:

Permabanned
Penski as usual not having a clue ;):p

Bale's awesome, fantastic choice

Yeah. He is a FANTASTIC choice if you want an actor who can only play one role and who can only convey emotions through frowning.

Seriously though, Bale is a succesful actor...Probably the most succesful to come out of the Beppe Dimarco school of acting.

*n

Man of Honour
Yeah. He is a FANTASTIC choice if you want an actor who can only play one role and who can only convey emotions through frowning.

Seriously though, Bale is a succesful actor...Probably the most succesful to come out of the Beppe Dimarco school of acting.

*n

Are you basing this whole argument on Equilibrium alone? :p

Man of Honour
would seem he is, fantastidc choice christian bale is an very good actor and should play this role perfectly, this film has massively gone up in my estimations with him on borad.

anyone diagreeing then point out a film bale has been in that has been bad ?

Permabanned
anyone diagreeing then point out a film bale has been in that has been bad ?

He's been in good films. He's just a gash actor.

He can take a perfect script, insightful direction and wonderful camera and art direction and make it seem like two hours of 8mm trained on an oak tree...And slightly out of focus.

*n

Man of Honour
He's been in good films. He's just a gash actor.

He can take a perfect script, insightful direction and wonderful camera and art direction and make it seem like two hours of 8mm trained on an oak tree...And slightly out of focus.

*n

really ?

interesting viewpoint

personally i think hes a decent actor certainly better than the only real oak actor out there in clive owen :p

I totally disagree with you on everything you said. btw. role on Terminator salvation.

Soldato
Well lets look at the films I know he's been in:

Equilibrium - really good, grammaton clerics kick arse
Reign of fire - crazy idea/story but it works so its good
Batman Begins - Proper dark-knight batman instead of the homo-erotic antics of the past
American Pyscho - First film I saw with him as an adult and the plot was crazy
and lastly Empire of the Sun which was good aswell.

As for this new film I want to see plenty of terminator's running about in skeleton form and plenty hk's flying about. Maybe we will get to see the resistance smash into skynet and send back kyle reece :)

Soldato
I concur in the disagreement with Penski!

Bale should be able to do this role justice. Its not going to be Terminator 2, but then it should well be better than 3.

Permabanned
Well lets look at the films I know he's been in:

Equilibrium - really good, grammaton clerics kick arse
Bale spends the entire flick pulling *that* sour face and delivering a performance best suited to an advert for the latest fifteen-blade shaving implement.
Reign of fire - crazy idea/story but it works so its good
Yet somehow Bale's performance is completely forgettable.
Batman Begins - Proper dark-knight batman instead of the homo-erotic antics of the past
Serious? He was most definitely scuttling Alfred.
American Pyscho - First film I saw with him as an adult and the plot was crazy
One of my favourite novels of all time...

...Ruined by Bale's inability to understand the character he was playing.
and lastly Empire of the Sun which was good aswell.
He sulks, cries, frowns and jumps around a bit.

You seem to have misunderstood my criticism; you have given points which praise the films whereas my point is to do with Bale's inability to act in those films.

*n

Permabanned
Bales acting was excellent in:

The Prestige
American Psycho
Maquinista, El (aka The Machinist)
3:10 to Yuma
Rescue Dawn

Hence winning 'Best Actor' from various academy’s for each and every one of them films! Too say he can't act is just silly, did your girlfriend run off with someone that looked like Christian Bale :confused: :p jk

Back
Top Bottom