• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mod BIOS For Asus EAH4850

Soldato
Would like to flash the BIOS of my 4850, to a modded one, one which will give me more performance (Max clocks at moment, Core 693Mhz, Mem 2100Mhz), I only want to flash the BIOS, I don't want to do any (hardware) voltage pencil mods.

So, basically looking for a (proven) modded BIOS that will work with this card.

Present HD4850 details:

2008-10-02_125356.jpg

Thanks.....

Soldato
OP
Flashed the BIOS and it completed correctly, but now Vista 64bit does not recognise the graphics crad, the drivers install, but do not pick up the card....

What steps do I need to take to remedy it?

Thanks.

Soldato
Flashed the BIOS and it completed correctly, but now Vista 64bit does not recognise the graphics crad, the drivers install, but do not pick up the card....

What steps do I need to take to remedy it?

Thanks.
8.9 drivers? they should work. point it to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-9_vista64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_68906\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF\

if u wanna flash to your old bios just use your backup bios or go to http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/ or techpowerup and download asus bios.

Last edited:
Associate
your welcome.

remember to uninstall the ati drivers before flashing then reinstall them after

I did .... card appears bricked :eek: Won`t even post. Went through flashing process and got an unrecoverable BSOD and poof, Windaz shut down.

Right, Im up the creek .... got a lappy, a pen drive. Is there anything I can do? :D

Back
Top Bottom