• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

Soldato
The very last chance to get a super priced Nvidia GTX 280, these offer stunning value for money and near GTX 285 performance! We have a large quantity of cards from all the major partners and it is lucky dip on which brand you will get, there are even heavily overclocked cards thrown in to spice things up!

This really is all that is left with a few from each brand and series, you will have to be quick as if they sell at the same speed they previously did these will not be around for long.

OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

GX-143-LT_400.jpg

Get pulled deeper into the gaming experience than ever before with next generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 GPU. GeForce GTX 280 make games including Unreal Tournament 3, Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - feel like the real thing. High definition worlds crackle and hum with cinema-quality clarity. Lifelike characters behave with such realistic intensity that your palms sweat and your heart races. Objects react to the forces of nature exactly as nature intended. And with 50% better performance than previous generation graphics processors, you get it all...No lag. No dropped frames. No compromises. Beyond the field of play, the GeForce GTX 280 GPU seamlessly shifts intense processing tasks from the CPU to the GPU. Dive into the latest Blu-ray movie, run the Folding@home protein folding application to help cure diseases, browse your favourite web sites in 3D with PicLens, or transcode video to a personal video player up to 7X faster than the CPU.

- Bus Type: PCI Express 2.0 (Backwards compatible with PCI Express)
- Memory: 1GB (1024MB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 602MHz
- Shader Clock: 1296MHz
- Memory Data Rate: 2214MHz
- Processor Cores: 240
- Shader Model: 4.0
- Texture Fill Rate: 49.2 Billion/sec.
- Memory Interface: 512-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 141.7GB/sec.
- API Support: Microsoft DirectX 10 and lower, OpenGL 2.1 and lower for Microsoft Windows
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV + TV Out
- RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz
- HDCP Capable
- HDMI Capable
- 2-Way & 3-Way NVIDIA SLi Support
- Card Dimensions: 266.7mm x 95.3mm x 38.1mm
- Warranty: 2 Year

Price: £189.99+VAT (£218.49 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

Enjoy :D

Permabanned
cheers OCUK couldnt resist... got one :p free shipping as well for monday delivery. fingers crossed for a nice brand :)

hopefully it will be a nice upgrade from my 8800gts

Last edited:
Associate
Is it worth me upgrading to one of these? Currently I have two 8800GTS 512 SLI'd.

I have a 28" monitor and game at 1920x1200 and 1680x1050.

Associate
Awesome!

My 8800GTX died just 2 nights ago - ordered one of these now for delivery tomorrow :)

Was a bit skeptical when I saw the price on the shop, as I thought they were own-brand cards, but I'm glad I checked here before lumping for a 260 - I'm glad I checked the 280 section at all! Almost stumped for a lesser card last night too!

Soldato
OP
Is it worth me upgrading to one of these? Currently I have two 8800GTS 512 SLI'd.

I have a 28" monitor and game at 1920x1200 and 1680x1050.

It probably would not be worth it in all games, in non SLI enabled games it will be a massive approvement but if the game is SLI enabled it will probably be similar in game performance levels.

Up to you, they will all sell fast though so I suggest attacking the review sites as soon as possible!

Is it luck of draw for the overclocked ones, or do early birds get them first?

The stock is mixed on the shelves and is completely random.

We have cards bundled with games, without games, with overclocks, without overclocks, with mad overclocks, with special boxes and we cannot guarantee who gets what. :p

If someone orders multiple cards we will try to match clock speeds when it comes to shipping.

Soldato
Argh. I can't access the site, I have to use a proxy just to access the forums..dont want to submit credit details through a proxy and last time I phoned up an order I was told that forum free shipping is only through internet orders!

Soldato
OP
Argh. I can't access the site, I have to use a proxy just to access the forums..dont want to submit credit details through a proxy and last time I phoned up an order I was told that forum free shipping is only through internet orders!

Add me to MSN: [email protected] and I will call you to take an order if you need a hand. :)

Can do the shipping for you over the phone also.

Back
Top Bottom