Your favourite supplements

Soldato
I've started training again after a few years break from the iron game. Muscle memory filled me back out nicely, now I want to throw a few supplements in.

Problem is, there is so many brands to choose from. Years ago, a mate of mine worked for Prolab and I got all my stuff for free and never had to shop around, I just used what I was given. I had a look at Prolab gear and it's not the exactly the cheapest about. So, I was wondering, what brand of supplements do you use? Also, what exactly are you using and how is it working for you?

I was just going to get some Glutamine and a whey powder. In the past I found these two to be the best combination.

I actually stumbled upon a company called Reflex who's supplements seems fairly cheap, I just wonder exactly how 'cheap' that supplements are. Any experience with them?

Lasly, no lectures on 'eat food rather than supplements'. I'm on more oats, chicken, fish and vegtables a day than most. I only want this stuff for what they are. Supplements to an already good diet.

Just got a big batch from BSD

Got their Ultimate Protein Blend in chocolate, banana and strawberry. So far tried choc and straw, man they taste nice even with just water, which is good if i'm gonna do a v-diet soon

Also got a couple of bags of their PWO Recovery complete, but haven't tried that yet.

I've just ordered 500g Glutamine from Reflex and a 2.2kg tub of whey from PHD nutrition.

I see you live in Hampstead Oddjob, whereabouts do you train? I live 5min from the O2 centre so I imagine it's close to you. I've been to LA Fitness in Golders (too busy), Esporta at the O2 (not worth the money) and now just joined at Genesis Gym in Alperton.

I've just ordered 500g Glutamine from Reflex and a 2.2kg tub of whey from PHD nutrition.

I see you live in Hampstead Oddjob, whereabouts do you train? I live 5min from the O2 centre so I imagine it's close to you. I've been to LA Fitness in Golders (too busy), Esporta at the O2 (not worth the money) and now just joined at Genesis Gym in Alperton.

For the simple no nonsence supplements that I buy in bulk such as whey taurine caffine I buy from www.myprotein.co.uk and for my fish oils I head over to www.simpleysupplements.co.uk and get their triple strength omega 3 which is the cheapest per gram of EPA + DHA ive found

Whey protein (bulk, unflavoured) and ultra ground oats for me.

BSD Reloaded is good as well for that preworkout kick.

Fish oils are pretty much one of the few supplements I take regularly as they really do have a great effect on me. Although I eat a lot of fish getting the extra fish oils does really do wonders for me. IT's one of the few supplements I swear by (which works for me.).

To have an opinion on supps I believe you have to try them, which is why I've tried a fair few. One I've had very good results with is OKG - but it's bloody expensive and most people hate the taste but purely from obvious medical proof and the results i got out of it.

The other supp that I swear by is cissus quadrangularis fantastic for joint care, muscle repair and it's anti cortisol and anti catabolic effects are quite noticeable. It's just a herbal extract but really does work.

However all I have in my cupboard at the moment are fish oils, and some whey. The oils I take daily. :)

I've read good things about the cissus FF, might have to give it a go. Have you been getting it from BSD?

(I get quite achy joints, but only taking fish oils so anything else that may help could be worthwhile)

Last edited:
Unfortunately the whole country's run out of Cissus at the moment as it comes from India - but I have to say that I do test these things before I advocate them and a most of you know I'm not hte biggest fan on stuffing myself full of pills and supps. However Cissus really does work well IMO for what it's supposed to do. Go for the 50% stuff as minimum though the other stuff ain't worth it.

I train at the Armoury gym next to the Royal Free. Nothing special, but it's 10min walk from my house so nice and easy. I've heard good things about Genesis, but it's way to far for me.

Yeah, im gonna be in Cockfosters a lot for the next few months, was tempted to join genesis for a bit, but it works out too far!!
will stay in the gallery in windsor where i will be staying.

Same, about ten miles from me but I will make the effort three times a week. I'm really into this now and need the gym and atmosphere to jack up intensity a notch.

Do you guys buy your meats in bulk or just the Tesco/Asda/JS stuff on special? I'm thinking of heading down to Smithfields and getting some chicken breasts, turkey and steaks. Constantly buying chicken breasts from the supermarkets are getting pricey now. I notice on the Myprotein forum they have price watch threads and mention all specials in there.

Back
Top Bottom