Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

Associate
So with Brawn GP securing a 1-2 at Australia, they have gotten off to the best start possible. Mclaren will still be in damage limitation mode unless they have changed a few parts of the car and Ferrari as always will try to get going despite their poor start. Lets hope the excitement from last week will continue. :D

Friday 03
Friday Practice 1: 03:00 - 04:30 (10:00 - 11:30 local time)
Friday Practice 2: 07:00 - 08:30 (14:00 - 15:30 local time)

Saturday 04
Saturday Practice: 07:00 - 08:00 (14:00 - 15:00 local time)
Qualifying: 10:00 (17:00 local time)

Sunday 05
Race: 10:00 (17:00 local time)

TV times

Code:
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Black"]
MOTORING: F1: Grand Prix Qualifying Live
On: BBC 1 West (101)
Date: Saturday 4th April 2009
Time: 09:00 to 11:30 (2 hours and 30 minutes long) 

MOTORING: F1: Grand Prix Live
On: BBC 1 West (101)
Date: Sunday 5th April 2009 
Time: 09:00 to 12:00 (3 hours long)
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Calender
Code:
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]01  	2009 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne)  	27 - 29 Mar
02 	2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 	03 - 05 Apr
03 	2009 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 	17 - 19 Apr
04 	2009 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 	24 - 26 Apr
05 	FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2009 (Catalunya) 	08 - 10 May
06 	FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2009 (Monte Carlo) 	21 - 24 May
07 	2009 FORMULA 1 ING TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) 	05 - 07 Jun
08 	2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 	19 - 21 Jun
09 	FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2009 (Nürburgring) 	10 - 12 Jul
10 	FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2009 (Budapest) 	24 - 26 Jul
11 	2009 FORMULA 1 TELEFONICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 	21 - 23 Aug
12 	2009 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 	28 - 30 Aug
13 	FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2009 (Monza) 	11 - 13 Sep
14 	2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 	25 - 27 Sep
15 	2009 FORMULA 1 FUJI TELEVISION JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 	02 - 04 Oct
16 	FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2009 (Sao Paulo) 	16 - 18 Oct
17 	2009 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 	30 Oct - 01 Nov[/SIZE][/FONT]

Drivers
Code:
Pos  	Driver  	Nationality  	Team  	Points
1 	Jenson Button 	British 	Brawn-Mercedes 	10
2 	Rubens Barrichello 	Brazilian 	Brawn-Mercedes 	8
3 	Jarno Trulli 	Italian 	Toyota 	6
4 	Timo Glock 	German 	Toyota 	5
5 	Fernando Alonso 	Spanish 	Renault 	4
6 	Nico Rosberg 	German 	Williams-Toyota 	3
7 	Sebastien Buemi 	Swiss 	STR-Ferrari 	2
8 	Sebastien Bourdais 	French 	STR-Ferrari 	1
9 	Adrian Sutil 	German 	Force India-Mercedes 	0
10 	Nick Heidfeld 	German 	BMW Sauber 	0
11 	Giancarlo Fisichella 	Italian 	Force India-Mercedes 	0
12 	Mark Webber 	Australian 	RBR-Renault 	0
13 	Sebastian Vettel 	German 	RBR-Renault 	0
14 	Robert Kubica 	Polish 	BMW Sauber 	0
15 	Kimi Räikkönen 	Finnish 	Ferrari 	0
16 	Felipe Massa 	Brazilian 	Ferrari 	0
17 	Nelsinho Piquet 	Brazilian 	Renault 	0
18 	Kazuki Nakajima 	Japanese 	Williams-Toyota 	0
19 	Heikki Kovalainen 	Finnish 	McLaren-Mercedes 	0
20 	Lewis Hamilton 	British 	McLaren-Mercedes 	0

Teams
Code:
Pos  	Team  	Points
1 	Brawn-Mercedes 	18
2 	Toyota 	11
3 	Renault 	4
4 	Williams-Toyota 	3
5 	STR-Ferrari 	3
6 	Force India-Mercedes 	0
7 	BMW Sauber 	0
8 	RBR-Renault 	0
9 	Ferrari 	0
10 	McLaren-Mercedes 	0

Last edited:
I know it's a TilkeDrome, but damn it all I do rather like the Sepang track :)

Here's to hoping we see fewer operational errors and miscellaneous dumbness from Ferrari this weekend, a good showing for Hamilton, and another win for Jenson :D

I'm a fan of Sepang as well. Forecast shows showers for the weekend... If memory serves me right, this is the circuit that can have very heavy downpours with little notice?

I'm a fan of Sepang as well. Forecast shows showers for the weekend... If memory serves me right, this is the circuit that can have very heavy downpours with little notice?

YES :):):)

I cant wait. I want to see if Buttons supposed skill in the wet is the same in these new cars.

There is a little nagging thought in the back of my head tho that the FIA will stick with tradition and on the 14th April rule the diffusers illegal, and exclude Brawn, Toyota and Williams from the result of the first 2 races. It would cause uproar, massive arguments, and bring the whole image of the sport to rock bottem.... something the FIA seem to love doing.

Don't mind Sepang. I'll not be watching qualifying this time as I'm away, but I'll be back for the race.

Predictions? I don't know why but I think Ferrari will do better here. I can't see Brawn dominating again but you never know - and I hope they do well. Red Bull will be a threat, as will BMW.

I think tyres are going to be crucial again - those option green stripe jobbies crumble in no time. Will people use them at the start and then push on at the end, or use them last and hope they make the finish with at least a little bit of grip left?

There is a little nagging thought in the back of my head tho that the FIA will stick with tradition and on the 14th April rule the diffusers illegal, and exclude Brawn, Toyota and Williams from the result of the first 2 races. It would cause uproar, massive arguments, and bring the whole image of the sport to rock bottem.... something the FIA seem to love doing.

Im sure i read somewhere were they cant actually do this as they past scrutiny in the first round and were deemed legal. From what i believe they can only tell them to remove them for the next race and not face any other punishment.

Even if they are told to remove.

Remember as well that Barachellos car's diffuser was apparently smashed to buggery (haven't seen any pictures yet) after heike decided to bump into the car on the first corner. Although he lucked into 2nd through kubica and vettel crashing out the car was still competitive...

Someone in the big Australia race thread said that the race in the evening over there, if it's in the evening will be subject to heavy thundery shower possibly due to the climate overt here currently.

They can't - the scrutineers rejected the protest, all results before the hearing will stand.

How does the KERS system work?

I was watching Hamiltons telemetry and when he brakes the bar doesn't increase yet when he crossed the line its suddenly maximum!?

Lemme Guess, there is a limit on how long you can use it for a lap? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom