Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

6.5 seconds.
Braking charges a battery and then they can use it for a 6.5second or multiple bursts adding upto 6.5seconds a lap.

It also means they could have a 13second boost on the finishing straight for massive overtakes, but we didn't see this at Australia. Which I'm surprised about. I was expecting lewis to do this on several occasions but he didn't.

you need to charge the battery, and i doubt they going to have enough battery to allow 13 full seconds of boost in one go.

I don't think the teams will bring anything major until the european races? CS||nuTs can shed some light maybe?

i would expect mclaren to add whatever they can as soon as they can it will be just a case of how quickly they can develope and make them.

also anyone heard any news on when toyota will be getting a hearing for the appeal? would be nice if they could get that nastyness out of the way before the racing starts this weekend, but maybe i'm hoping for too much:rolleyes:

cant apeal a drive through can you? i remember hamilton couldnt last year.

you need to charge the battery, and i doubt they going to have enough battery to allow 13 full seconds of boost in one go.

i think the KERS stores enough energy for 2 or 3 laps on boost which is why they get a full bar when they cross the start/finish line, so then can boost before it and after for a huge boost.

apparently a few teams have complained to some other teams that their KERS is giving more than the 80bhp so its being investigated, no team names have been mentioned though.

a statement is expected before first practice in sepang.

Toyota have dropped thier appeal.

KERS thing is interesting. You'd think teams would play it safe with all the drama of last year and the diffuser ramblings.

I'm going to be out on a drive this sunday so won't be able to watch the race live and will have to keep the radio off :(

There is a little nagging thought in the back of my head tho that the FIA will stick with tradition and on the 14th April rule the diffusers illegal, and exclude Brawn, Toyota and Williams from the result of the first 2 races. It would cause uproar, massive arguments, and bring the whole image of the sport to rock bottem.... something the FIA seem to love doing.

They cant - all they can do is deam the device illegal from then on

The stewards have already cleared it for Aus - so no matter what the points stand

If the stewards HADNT cleared it and they raced under appeal - THEN your thought would be possible (and its still possible for Malaysia depending on what Stewards say)

Thats what my impression was before Aus and since

They cant - all they can do is deam the device illegal from then on

The stewards have already cleared it for Aus - so no matter what the points stand

If the stewards HADNT cleared it and they raced under appeal - THEN your thought would be possible (and its still possible for Malaysia depending on what Stewards say)

Thats what my impression was before Aus and since

This is correct, or least should be. They disqualifies Benneton a long time ago for something or other then re-instated the points and just stopped them from using what thye used IIRC and it's been that way ever since.

I think Rubens will win this one.

I cant see how unless JB retires for some reason

They where a match for each other all thru the Aus weekend, but Rubens was only faster on low fuel - and thats not going to be enough

Button seems the more comfortable with the car throughout all the stages to me

They where a match for each other all thru the Aus weekend, but Rubens was only faster on low fuel - and thats not going to be enough

RB did have a damaged car. The Brawns wil lbe racing each other this weekend if they make that first corner together. Should be interesting.

I don't see the season being that clear cut. They will take many points of each other during the season and Rubens is no slouch. He will want to hit back fast to make sure he stays in with a shout. My money is on Rubens going a lap or two lighter this race to try to make sure he gets pole.

Brawn is no idiot, he knows he will be fighting with 2 drivers against a team that's backing 1.

Back
Top Bottom