Malaysian GP 2009 - Race 2/17

I'm hoping Button and Rubens can score big with Hamilton not benefitting from others dropping because I feel that they will need a huge gap to stop mclaren reeling them in come europe.

Even with Button winning I feel to have any chance he's gonna need Hamilton to be off the podium or it won't be enough. I think Rubens and Button will take too many points off each other in the next few races which will stop either one extending a big enough lead to ferrari or Macca.

I think Rubens will win this one.

How does the KERS system work?

I was watching Hamiltons telemetry and when he brakes the bar doesn't increase yet when he crossed the line its suddenly maximum!?

Lemme Guess, there is a limit on how long you can use it for a lap? :rolleyes:

6.5 seconds.
Braking charges a battery and then they can use it for a 6.5second or multiple bursts adding upto 6.5seconds a lap.

It also means they could have a 13second boost on the finishing straight for massive overtakes, but we didn't see this at Australia. Which I'm surprised about. I was expecting lewis to do this on several occasions but he didn't.

How does the KERS system work?

I was watching Hamiltons telemetry and when he brakes the bar doesn't increase yet when he crossed the line its suddenly maximum!?

Lemme Guess, there is a limit on how long you can use it for a lap? :rolleyes:
They can use 6.6 seconds per lap, either in small amounts or one go. It resets after crossing the line, so they can use it during the lap or save it until the last corner for example and then use it again right away as they cross the line.

edit: beaten!

Even with Button winning I feel to have any chance he's gonna need Hamilton to be off the podium or it won't be enough. I think Rubens and Button will take too many points off each other in the next few races which will stop either one extending a big enough lead to ferrari or Macca.

Point's mean nothing for the top spot. So it actually helps brawnGP. Hopefully they will get a fair few wins in before the other teams catch up.

9days before the race, how did I miss that

You were so busy building the bandwagon for everyone to board you stopped reading the news :p

I think it would have been better for Brawn to notch under the wins rule early rather than the 10-8 system. I think the best hope is to nail as many wins as possible before Europe and hope for a few engine failures.

The gain they could continue to suprise and develope the car further, maybe the lack of testing will slow the big boys down a tad.

I hope Button goes back to his old helmet design when the Brawn gets a full proper livery. I like the streak of black and yellow on the car, but the drivers look like Yellow Highlighter pens with day glow lids on! lol

not too keen on sepang, in my opinion its one of those filler tracks for the season, wouldnt say it was bad just dosnt excite me like other tracks, but who knows with things the way they are it might produce some very nice racing, heres to hoping anyway:D.

i've noticed some comments from drivers about the overtaking with the aero and KERS, saying that it dosnt make any difference, for example alonso, has lewis said anything about it? he looked to be one of the few making good use of it but not seen any comments on KERS from him from the last race.

also anyone heard any news on when toyota will be getting a hearing for the appeal? would be nice if they could get that nastyness out of the way before the racing starts this weekend, but maybe i'm hoping for too much:rolleyes:

i'm gonna miss the live race, as i'm working early shift sunday, so it will my mission to stay away from TV's and Radios all morning till i get home and watch it on V+:D

They can use 6.6 seconds per lap,
edit: beaten!

I'm sure MB kept saying approx 7.5 seconds a lap during the Aus race, perhaps it's a proportion of lap time - there's a lot of difference beteen the longest and shortest lap through the season

Back
Top Bottom