**** Show Off Your CORSAIR 800D ****

Soldato
For all those Corsair 800D owners out here,
I present to you the rare opportunity to show OcUK's finest your finished creation.
We've had a few separate threads, but one concentrated owners thread is probably a good idea! :cool:

Soldato
OP
One to get the ball rolling, I'll upload better ones in a min;

4232942729_5af3fcde13.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ok, it's a;

Q6600 a 3.4Ghz
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe
6GB DDR3 1866Mhz
2x HD4870 1GB
Corsair HX620
2x Samsung F1 1TB
500GB Samsung F3
H50

Oh and the mister is for the Bonsai next to it, don't worry it I never mist near the PC, nor does it usually sit there haha.

Soldato
About time someone decided to make a thread on the 800D's. Best case IMO.
Still got work to do on her. Getting my 5850's in crosfire soon, and then cable braid my fans. Ordered 6m's on black cable braid :p Already done the cathode wires.
Btw, sorry for the camera, using my phone, I really need a new one Lol.

There she is lol :D

Soldato
Sorry to take things slightly off topic, but ive been debating if I should buy the 800D I think its a fantastic looking case and has all the features and space that I am after but im worried about the the problems with airflow that ive read, you guys who have the case have you found it to be as much as a problem as people say or are there any work arounds etc that have been found other than to water cool which I dont want to do anytime soon!

Nice pictures by the way!!!

Soldato
Sorry to take things slightly off topic, but ive been debating if I should buy the 800D I think its a fantastic looking case and has all the features and space that I am after but im worried about the the problems with airflow that ive read, you guys who have the case have you found it to be as much as a problem as people say or are there any work arounds etc that have been found other than to water cool which I dont want to do anytime soon!

Nice pictures by the way!!!

i haven't experienced any air flow problems what so ever. My core i7 860 at stock idle's at 28 degreese. Smashing case and nothing wrong with the air flow.

Soldato
Id heard major worries about the stock fans not shifting air, the major concern being the graphics card and the hard drives... according to a review the air flow stalls around the hard drives and the temperature shoots up to over 90 degree's in that area.... one of the main things putting me off!

Last edited:
Associate
The fans will be replaced by the all black apaches which are now available, but tbh when the side panel is on you dont really notice them.

All that aside the fans really do work well on the H50.

The airflow in the case is not a problem at all I added 3 120mm scythes in the top to pull out the hot air, I did try the H50 mounted in the top of the case but my temps went up by 10 degrees on the cpu pulling the air up and out throught it, so it was swapped onto the back where I put it originally pulling air in.

Hope this helps

:)
Cheers

Soldato
Wow, where are you reading all this **** from? The case it self has "cooling zones". Yes, the stock fans are ****, thats why everyone reccomends changing them. When I had my stock fan on the HDD cage, my hdd temps didn't go over 35 degreese. All of the hot air is pushed out behind the motherboard tray which is brought out from the back of the case.

I have not experienced any problems with the case, everything is postive.

Just do your self a favour, get your self the case, and then replace the fans. You won't be dissapointed.

Soldato
The fans will be replaced by the all black apaches which are now available, but tbh when the side panel is on you dont really notice them.

All that aside the fans really do work well on the H50.

The airflow in the case is not a problem at all I added 3 120mm scythes in the top to pull out the hot air, I did try the H50 mounted in the top of the case but my temps went up by 10 degrees on the cpu pulling the air up and out throught it, so it was swapped onto the back where I put it originally pulling air in.

Hope this helps

:)
Cheers

Arrr well mate, they do the job. I'm picky you see, so eevrything in the case has got to look right lol :D I like the idea of your cathode switches, put in the watercooled holes LOL :p Have you looked into cable braiding mate? i tried it out for the first time, and I loved it. Makes thing's look a lot better :D

Back
Top Bottom