SSD Hard Drive Adapter For Coolermaster Cosmos

Associate
Need to fit my SSD drive in my case but cannot find an adapter plate for sale like the one that came shipped with Intels X25-M

I have bought 2 different one's so far but they are no good (akasa and ocuk's value one)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Caporegime
If you can take some sizes off the one you have Im pretty sure I could make you one something like this ...
ssdcaddy3.jpg

Associate
OP
When you say no good, what's wrong with them?

They don't work with my case as the harddrives are screwed into the case carriers via 4 screws at the base of the harddrive and the adapters I tried convert 2.5 to 3.5 but mainly for the side mounts, I'll show you, here's what I mean

DSC00251.jpg

As you can see the only way to mount the drive is via the 4 screws at the base of the harddrive and sadly not even two of the screws line up to allow it's fitting in the image above

DSC00252.jpg

This is a standard 3.5 drive and show's how it is needed to be screwed on

If you can take some sizes off the one you have Im pretty sure I could make you one something like this ...

That would be really good, if you could make one I'll sort you out, would just need the same size as a normal 3.5 hhd but with hole's to mount the ssd drive

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah so sizes are for a standard H/D for fixing at the bottom .... yip thats able to be done with the one I made above (only look at the clear perspex part)... drop me a message via trust if you want more info mate.

Caporegime
That would be really good, if you could make one I'll sort you out, would just need the same size as a normal 3.5 hhd but with hole's to mount the ssd drive

The SSD's I have are both Cruical drives so I would need you to confirm the pitch / dimensions of the fixing screw points on the base of the OCZ drive (Im pretty sure they should be same as mine something like 62mm width centre to centre and 76mm long) ... if your drive fits akasa caddy ok then we good to go :)

Associate
OP
Yep matey, 62mm width and 76mm long ;)

Need to make sure the screw holes to mount the caddy to my case carrier are the same as a normal 3.5 HDD mind

p.s could I have it so that the ssd is not sticking out the end of the case carrier like yours though, either flush or set in abit?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yep matey, 62mm width and 76mm long ;)

Need to make sure the screw holes to mount the caddy to my case carrier are the same as a normal 3.5 HDD mind

p.s could I have it so that the ssd is not sticking out the end of the case carrier like yours though, either flush or set in abit?

Yeah Ive checked the 3.5 H/D holes and they are well clear of the SSD ones so it aint a problem ...as for fitting it flush or set in thats no biggy either but what I need to know is the measurement from the end of a 3.5 H/D (the sata end) to the front edge of the coolermaster caddy (as you have shown in your pic).

PS Your setup isnt hot swap is it ? If so the above size will be crucial mate.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No its not hot swap, not 100% sure what you mean for the measurement but the length of the 3.5 drive is 145mm but there is a tiny 5mm gap between the 3.5 drive and the front of the case carrier

Caporegime
No its not hot swap, not 100% sure what you mean for the measurement but the length of the 3.5 drive is 145mm but there is a tiny 5mm gap between the 3.5 drive and the front of the case carrier

...what am looking for is the measurement from the H/D sata end to the front of the case carrier .... it will be a short measurement maybe 10mm tops ... its so I can work out the length to make it flush with carrier.... this make sense?

Associate
Hi

I`m also planning on buying a SSD and the Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos S case, so does this mean no current 2.5" to 3.5" Hard Drive adapter plate will work on any SSD in this case???

Thanks for responding.

Associate
OP
Hi

I`m also planning on buying a SSD and the Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos S case, so does this mean no current 2.5" to 3.5" Hard Drive adapter plate will work on any SSD in this case???

Thanks for responding.

The cosmos s 1100 is different to my case, you'll be alright as that case has something like 12 drive bays that you can mount by the sides of an ssd caddy, my case attatchs the harddrives by the screws on the underneath

I've measured and the 3.5 drive sticks out 8mm from the back of the case carrier mate

Associate
The cosmos s 1100 is different to my case, you'll be alright as that case has something like 12 drive bays that you can mount by the sides of an ssd caddy, my case attatchs the harddrives by the screws on the underneath

I've measured and the 3.5 drive sticks out 8mm from the back of the case carrier mate

Thanks mate for letting me know.;)

Back
Top Bottom