Warhammer 40k book recommendations

Soldato
The only one i have heard of is horus heresy and going by one poster he said it was the best sci fi book hes read let alone WH40K. Everyone else agree, and als what else is there to read?

Aye, Gaunts Ghosts are great :D

None of that namby pamby pampered marine stuff, with their fancy power armour and good weapons, going into a battle with years of training.
It's the guard where it's at, with your AK47 type gun, and if you're really lucky a bullet proof vest and gas mask ;)

I'm on the last of the Gaunts Ghosts omnibus. Very good read and I've tended to only really read space marine related books. Got Ravenor after. Eisenhorn is very good too.

Titanicus is really good too and hoping there are more in that genre. Horus Heresy is a good series although some of the books are better than others.

Haven't got time to play or paint anymore so books are my only link (although I've blown a fair wad of cash recently on Space Hulk 2009 and professional painting commissioned)

HH series is excellent and well worth a read. My personal favs are the previously mentioned Gaunts Ghosts series - absolutely brilliant and I can't wait for him to write some more. Basically it's like the Sharpe's series but set in a violent & bloodthirsty future and without Sean Bean bedding everyone!

Basically read everything in the 40k universe by Dan Abnett and will you not go wrong. Eisenhorn is another great trilogy.

The Ultramarines books are pretty good as well by Graham McNeil.

I haven't actually read Gaunt's Ghosts yet. It depends what appeals more to you:

The thought of ordinary soldiers battling...

or superhuman warriors grown to fight in the toughest situations man can encounter, all in part of the greatest betrayals in the Warhammer universe.

You can guess where my vote stands :p

Back
Top Bottom