Battlestar Galactica -Blood and Chrome

Associate
New BG series coming to TV, not sure when yet sure its worth a google though by one of you BG addicts

Little Info.

SYFY’S BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD & CHROME LAUNCHES

2-Hour Pilot Chronicles Young William Adama’s Adventures in First Cylon War

Lili Bordan Joins Luke Pasqualino and Ben Cotton in the Cast

NEW YORK – February 10, 2011 – Production has begun in Vancouver on Syfy’s highly anticipated 2-hour pilot, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, the all-new chapter in the Battlestar Galactica saga. Universal Cable Productions will produce The Event with Syfy utilizing cutting edge CGI and virtual technology.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a young, talented fighter pilot, William Adama (Luke Pasqualino), finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful Battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly find himself at odds with Coker (Ben Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 47 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

Joining Pasqualino and Cotton in the cast is Lili Bordan, who will play Dr. Beka Kelly, a Ph.D. who worked for Graystone Industries that created the Cylon robots. Currently assigned to a secret military mission, Beka and Adama quickly establish a rapport.

From the award-winning producers of Battlestar Galactica, this new action-packed chapter of the BSG canon was written by Michael Taylor form a story by David Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle and directed by Jonas Pate. David Eick, Jonas Pate and Michael Taylor will serve as executive producers.
:D

Associate
OP
Ageed on that Castiel, I tried realy hard to stay with Caprica but decided it was flawed and I was only struggling to continue watching it because Battle Star Galactica was so good.

Man of Honour
Liked caprica but never felt it really plumbed the depth that it could, tbh I always felt like they were having to pull punches because they lacked the budget to back it up... looking forward to this.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Kinda wish it was taking place on a different Battlestar, we have already seen Galactica's story :(

Soldato
Really looking forward to this! Although I'm worried to see if they can do it justice, and put it up there with the BSG remake.

Caprica was good, mainly towards the end of the season though when they started to actually make some progress, shame they weren't allowed to carry it on. So as long as this is more like BSG than caprica, I'm happy!

If it's just gone into production now, when are we likely to see it air?

Soldato
Guess they've decided that after the attempt to "do something different" with Caprica, they might as well go back to what did so well.

Who's writing this?

EDIT: Ignore that, I've learnt to read.

Last edited:
Associate
Really looking forward to this! Although I'm worried to see if they can do it justice, and put it up there with the BSG remake.

Caprica was good, mainly towards the end of the season though when they started to actually make some progress, shame they weren't allowed to carry it on. So as long as this is more like BSG than caprica, I'm happy!

If it's just gone into production now, when are we likely to see it air?

I wouldn't expect it til the end of the year at the earliest tbh, as SyFy have this new programming all year round strategy. They also have three original shows which have still to air the back half of their respective seasons, starting with SGU on March 7th. They also have the back half of Season 4 of Eureka and Season 3 of Sanctuary to get out of the way. Late fall at the earliest would be an educated guess imo. I'm guessing even for a pilot there will be a fair amount of post production work, especially if allot is green screen from what they've said (Like Sanctuary).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Quite a lot of shows still got the last half to air atm :( (some of them have aired in the US tho). So doubt we will see much new for a good few months yet.

Soldato
They might have trouble with the 'old' style visuals of that era. I would rather see a series about the Pegasus than a history of the Galactica, it might be hard to draw people in without the premise of advanced technology. The older Vipers and Cylon ships might look a bit too 'old school' for some.

Caporegime
They might have trouble with the 'old' style visuals of that era. I would rather see a series about the Pegasus than a history of the Galactica, it might be hard to draw people in without the premise of advanced technology. The older Vipers and Cylon ships might look a bit too 'old school' for some.

duuuude! One of the reasons that BSG annoyed me was that the cylons were so so different.

I started to watch caprica, got about 5 or 6 episodes in then got bored.. is it worthy of watching and did it end well or just on a cancelled cliff hanger?

i found it a bit teen angst / crossed with a mafia film.

Back
Top Bottom