People at the Gym :/

Hi, Ok there are a few characters at my Gym...

Character no1 - I would say in his late 40's spends about an hour doing these freaky stretches, he then moves onto his weights and I kid you not starts dancing to the music between reps. Yes this guy is a w*****.

Character no2 - This guy makes a wierd noise whilst doing reps, it sounds like a car tyre being deflated, tzzzzzzzt - tzzzzzzzzt - tzzzzzzzt and so on, I swear it makes me want to run up and punch him :D he's also ginger so it makes it even worse :D

Character no3 - This guy likes to be the center of attention and will perform all types of obscure weight lifting techniques in the middle of the floor with no top on, whilst makes loud grunting noises to show everyone how alpha he is, again W***** :D

Character no4 - I think this dude was gay as he kept following me asking for advice on how to use equipment etc, was a bit wierd tbh,in the end I had to tell him to **** off so he leaves me alone now :D

So my question is, are all gyms full of wierdos like this or should I move to a different one? :p

Soldato
The problem is... YOU! just do your own thing and ignore them they don't pay attention to you. I bet you look like these weirdos to someone.

Associate
You thought number 4 was gay because he kept following you and asking for advice? Is that the criteria for being gay these days? =/

Soldato
Only annoys me when some wise guy thinks it's a great idea to slam a BB packed with 100KG worth of weight onto the floor.

Oh and the oldie that smells vile. I feel bad for them, fair play but when I'm having a hard session and feeling rather light headed, the last thing I need is a whiff of something disgusting that makes boke. As demonstrated on Wednesday when I literally had to run out and stand over a bin, gagging.

Soldato
Every gym is like this. Some people just go their to show off. Don't worry though, they never really stay long.

As long as they don't hog equipment or talk for ever while sitting on a machine. That annoys me more than anything.

Soldato
Hi, Ok there are a few characters at my Gym...

Character no1 - I would say in his late 40's spends about an hour doing these freaky stretches, he then moves onto his weights and I kid you not starts dancing to the music between reps. Yes this guy is a w*****.

Character no2 - This guy makes a wierd noise whilst doing reps, it sounds like a car tyre being deflated, tzzzzzzzt - tzzzzzzzzt - tzzzzzzzt and so on, I swear it makes me want to run up and punch him :D he's also ginger so it makes it even worse :D

Character no3 - This guy likes to be the center of attention and will perform all types of obscure weight lifting techniques in the middle of the floor with no top on, whilst makes loud grunting noises to show everyone how alpha he is, again W***** :D

Character no4 - I think this dude was gay as he kept following me asking for advice on how to use equipment etc, was a bit wierd tbh,in the end I had to tell him to **** off so he leaves me alone now :D

So my question is, are all gyms full of wierdos like this or should I move to a different one? :p

Sounds like exactly like the gym I used to go to bar the gay guy :p

Soldato
I'm not usually bothered by the people in my gym, I just get on with my workout. Last night however, there was a guy I couldn't help but be annoyed at.

He was moderately hench (a lot more than me), but after every set he would walk up to the mirror and look at himself while he flexed his muscles etc. He wasn't even subtle about it. Also, he did the usual attention grabbing stuff like grunting loudly while lifting and throwing the weights down after a set to make noise. Oh and he wore a baseball cap indoors while working out.:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just focus on your workout and ignore others.

Overheard this convo at my gym the other day...

"..... so you don't train back?"
"Nah mate I've only got 2 routines, bis and chest, and shoulders and tries...."

:rolleyes: Why does it wind me up so much? Don't get me wrong the guy has good arms and shoulders... but that's it. :/

What a ****ing loser.

:p :D

But I agree, you do get some odd people, some you just can't ignore.

Man of Honour
haha! You got me! :p

I don't get annoyed whilst at the gym - the idiots do help me push me harder if anything! ;)

SEriously though, I just ignore it and just get on with my work out - I'm very focused when I train. However, as you say... you can't help but notice idiots. Nothing you can do about it though - some people are just born that way.

Man of Honour
Just try not to let it bother you, it's not always easy but getting wound up about it doesn't help you. Provided they don't try to claim most of the equipment when the gym's busy then I aim not to let it worry me. Although there is one chap who always makes the most dreadful noises when he's lifting - I'm sure he's been doing it for years and he's fine but it always makes me a little bit concerned that he might be in trouble as he's not the youngest of gentlemen.

Soldato
2 people used to get me when I went. 1 **** with a superman tatoo who loved himself and loudly pranced around the gym thinking he was some type of god, and the old guy who hogged the cardio equipment (mainly the revolving staircase) and left a massive puddle behind, I mean the whole machine was dripping wet ...

Back
Top Bottom