People at the Gym :/

Soldato
This is the benefit to using a rowing gym in a garage. The only other people who use it are boaties who are too busy destroying themselves rowing, or people who can look past the fact that all the free weights are rusty as hell and don't mind. Which are not the kind of people who'll hog equipment or pose in front of the mirror.:p

Not looking forward to graduating and having to actually pay for a gym. :(

Man of Honour
I must look really strange to most people in conventional gyms, especially when mobilising.

The worst people in the gym are the ones who take the plates that you're using, sometimes off the bar in between your sets when you're standing next to them. Or when I have to walk around the weights room looking for enough plates someone is doing 1/4 ROM leg press with silly weight, someone takes half the plates I've gathered, "what, you need them all?" :/

Other gym idiots I can either ignore or are just funny.

Soldato
Has no-one mentioned the 90-degree arm-curlers yet? The ones who spend all their time attempting to do double the weight they are capable of, ending up with ridiculous form and never actually training the muscles they are targetting!!

Soldato
I must look really strange to most people in conventional gyms, especially when mobilising.

The worst people in the gym are the ones who take the plates that you're using, sometimes off the bar in between your sets when you're standing next to them. Or when I have to walk around the weights room looking for enough plates someone is doing 1/4 ROM leg press with silly weight, someone takes half the plates I've gathered, "what, you need them all?" :/

Haha, I get some odd looks doing my stretches and mobilization work. Although I've noticed some of the Latvian girls glance at me with a little smile when I do it all. Specially when I stretch my hamstrings and glutes.

Some of the big guys look weirded out when I grab as many 20kg plates as possible when deadlifting ahaha.
One of them started laughing when he saw them all on the bar and I said, "it's only light I'll be done shortly" Blasted out reps at 180kg and he looked stunned MWHAHAHAH!

Has no-one mentioned the 90-degree arm-curlers yet? The ones who spend all their time attempting to do double the weight they are capable of, ending up with ridiculous form and never actually training the muscles they are targetting!!

Every gym has these bafoons.

Man of Honour
Haha, I get some odd looks doing my stretches and mobilization work. Although I've noticed some of the Latvian girls glance at me with a little smile when I do it all. Specially when I stretch my hamstrings and glutes.

Some of the big guys look weirded out when I grab as many 20kg plates as possible when deadlifting ahaha.
One of them started laughing when he saw them all on the bar and I said, "it's only light I'll be done shortly" Blasted out reps at 180kg and he looked stunned MWHAHAHAH!
:D

I'm carrying a little more weight so I think people are *slightly* less surprised, but I hear plenty of "steriods", and "oh yeah my mates mates mate can do like a 300kg squat". With the latter one I've been tempted to go and mention if that was true he'd almost certainly have a British record.

Associate
He's obviously building up the power for his 'shindogu spinning back fist of glory' move. You need the power to complete the 39th dan black belt in origamitsudo when you have to smash 15 breeze block sized ice bricks!

Caporegime

Bloody hell! I'd be going crazy with people nicking plates like that.

Soldato
As long as they don't hog equipment or talk for ever while sitting on a machine. That annoys me more than anything.

Thats my pet hate.. There seems to be one guy at my gym that hogs one of the benches for about an hour just doing a chest workout. Thing is, he does one set then sits for about 10 minutes before doing the next one. I've never seem him work out anything apart from his chest, which although pretty big, does look stupid with his matchstick legs..

There seem to be a few older guys who go to my gym that just go to talk as well, they'll sit on the equipment and I swear they don't actually do anything apart from talk while sat on the kit.

Associate
I think these guys are everywhere, theres a guy at my gym I have nicknamed 'Wondertrainer' due to him bringing his wife in and teaching her the ways of the weights area, other odd behaviour includes coming in with a strap/support on every moving part of the body and recording all information gathered in a small notebook (seriously, he writes everything that goes off in the gym in it : /).

This man is also the leading pioneer of the 'Lat pulldown bounce', which is a technique where you attach the widegrip bar to the pulley and load up about 10kg more than your bodyweight. The next step is to grab hold of the bar and lift your feet, allowing the sudden weight of your body to drag you down to the seat, then suddenly jerk you back up. From close observation it seems any use of the lats is considered cheating or bad technique.

He also seems to be scared of the freeweights stemming from an incident where he got a zap of static electricity when picking up a plate!

Soldato
few weight only gyms near me but not strong enough to go in them, £2 a session and everything is rusted and full of chalk

These type of places are amazing. Got one near me; rusty and cracked plates, huge bowls of chalk, half the bars have a bend in them, ripped benches, relic dumbells which start at about 25kg. Great stuff!

spp

spp

Associate
He also seems to be scared of the freeweights stemming from an incident where he got a zap of static electricity when picking up a plate!

AHAHAHAHA, I actually laughed out loud at this..

The only person I can think of that is a moron at my gym is a guy who works there as a supervisor/trainer, although how he can train anyone I've no idea, he's pretty overweight himself. I think he just works there for the girls. It's pretty cringe worthy actually, he's always chatting to them, and following them around :/ I've over heard some of the girls chatting after he's finally left them alone complaining about how sleazy he is. The last thing I'd want is someone chatting away at me while I'm trying to exercise.

Back
Top Bottom