9ine04

Associate
Ever since I saw the In-Win 904 I knew I had to water cool it. The aluminium shell and glass sides make it the nicest looking PC case I've ever seen, and the complete lack of any air flow makes it quite a project.

I'm still not entirely sure how I'll be watercooling it, but I do have some ideas floating around. Once I've finished 3D modelling the case, I'll have more of an idea what will and what wont fit.

I should probably stress that I'm not going for ultra low temps with this build. Hell, I'll be happy if the whole thing doesn't melt into a sticky puddle.

Anyway, the case is bought:

XRxUBpj.jpg

and the hardware is coming straight out of my current rig:

li2HZaV.jpg

i7 3820 @ 4.625GHz
16 GB Dominator Platinum @ 2000MHz
GTX 680 SLi
etc etc.

Associate
Can't wait to see this. I too loved the 904 when I first saw it; I just cringed at some of the awful usability choices they made.

Associate
OP
Can't wait to see this. I too loved the 904 when I first saw it; I just cringed at some of the awful usability choices they made.

I think if they made it about an inch taller, longer, and wider, it could have been the perfect case. But it still looks amazing and, considering the materials, it's a very good price.

Associate
OP
It's about time for an update I reckon!

I haven't really got anywhere in terms of modding/building, but the planning is pretty much complete.

The case itself is great to work with. The external aluminium frame detaches by a dozen or so screws, and then the internals have been stamped out of a large sheet of steel and folded into place.

Gdxie9J.jpg

The only major change will be removing the HDD bays, and then I'll have to cut some holes for the tubing and cables - and possible make some blanking plates to hide some precut holes.

Now onto the main update - the plan!
I've spent quite some time measuring everything and testing different layouts to find out what fits - and I'm not exaggerating here when I say that everything will fit exactly. There's not a millimetre of space left over in any direction around the radiators.

8bhZsXz.png
0RWVHjP.png
oGEMWWy.png
hcVUQp5.png
dat5nOS.png
jwEUOc6.png
xftqKHG.png

The rads and fittings will be touching the glass doors, as well as the front of the case. The fans between the rads will be touching the graphics cards. There is literally no room left over.

The colour scheme, if you hadn't noticed, is monochrome and pink. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. The coolant and the cables will be bright pink, everything else will be different shades of grey. I think I'm gonna go with acrylic for the tubing due to all of the straight lines and only needing to bend 4 pieces - two of which might prove to be a bit difficult, but I think I'll give it a go.

Associate
Where's the pump?

I particularly like the idea of the radiator setup - do they make radiators where the fittings go straight out though? Usually there's a tank on the end with perpendicular threads.

Associate
OP
The pump will sit behind the reservoir, I'll upload a picture when I get home.

The rads will be alphacool, they have 6 ports in total, I could use straight tubing between the rads but want to make more of a feature of the tubing by using the 90°s.

Back
Top Bottom