9ine04

Associate
OP
Here's the picture of the pump set up. Due to the direction the motor spins the inlet and outlet are on the wrong side for what I need, and the fitting is too wide to fit directly into the res so 2 45 fittings are needed.

PBtjs2N.png

And I used PTC ProDesktop for the modelling, it's pretty basic - it's what I used in school at GCSE level - but it's easy to use and does the job.

Associate
Subbed, Great looking build so far in terms of planning.

Loved the G5 build so can't wait to see the outcome of this. Nice work on the 3D modeling, really creates a clear picture of what space you have available.

Soldato
visually it looks great - but you've made a heat exchanger with the four rads.
The first (top?) 2 will remove heat from the loop and the fourth will just dump it back into the water again.
You'd get more cooling by removing the middle fan and having the air move up the top two rads and down the bottom two.
But then ideally you need a hole in the top (which would spoil it)
Or you could duct the air out the back (between the ally and steel) - but that's more work...

Soldato
visually it looks great - but you've made a heat exchanger with the four rads.
The first (top?) 2 will remove heat from the loop and the fourth will just dump it back into the water again.
You'd get more cooling by removing the middle fan and having the air move up the top two rads and down the bottom two.
But then ideally you need a hole in the top (which would spoil it)
Or you could duct the air out the back (between the ally and steel) - but that's more work...

I think it will be all right as is, as long as the hot water goes into the top rad first and all the fans blow upwards.

Soldato
loops don't work that that - the water temp is the same throughout - but the air as it passes each rad will get hotter and hotter.
All fans will blow downwards (I'm guessing) as the vent is bottom front (see first image)

Associate
OP
shadowscotland - I'm struggling to understand why you think that the top rad will dump heat back into the loop. That's like saying a normal case with an intake rad and exhaust rad will cancel each other out.

The air will be taken in at the front, and exhausted through the back. And I've already said I'm not trying to get ice cold temperatures.

Associate
OP
So it's been a long time since an update, but I decided to sell my current build and start fresh with this one - it's been much harder to sell my old PC to fund my new one than I thought it would have been, but hopefully updates will be a little more frequent now. :)

The new specs will be pretty similar: GTX 770s to replace my 680s, a 3930K to replace my 3820, and keeping the same board and RAM.

As for this update, I received a nice little package from Nills:

HmMqtrU.jpg

But what's in the bag…?

BrTkU1C.jpg

A crimping tool!
and…

XyytHcK.jpg

Crimps!

This time round I'm going all out and making my own custom cables. With the windowed side panels on both sides of the 904 case, I want everything to be perfect.

As for the sleeving.. well…

S2bisAj.jpg

PINK!

And a nice little Ducky Shine III to match:

XWtWyVp.jpg

(Still awaiting arrival of some PBT side etched key caps.)

Hopefully I'll have some new hardware to play with next week so I can get started on the case mods.

Associate
OP
Update time!

I've got my hands on most of my components now - just waiting on my radiators, fittings and tubing. Fittings wont be here until at least the end of the month :( but hopefully I can get everything ready for then.

I haven't really started anything yet as I'm waiting for my rads so I can start modding my case.

So here's the parts I have up to now:
7DwAzXl.png

And I'm going to steal some photos from my old build log as these items are being carried forward - just pretend that's a 3930k and not a 3820.
csqqI1z.jpg

Thankfully I don't have to polish those caps all over again..
KAx0BkJ.jpg

And there was no way in hell I was selling my MIPs IceForce High Flow water block! Such a shame to see MIPs go out of business. :(
qS9uMhL.jpg

Also didn't want to sell these beauties as they run at 2000MHz 9-10-9-24 T1
Gye4ugf.jpg

Now onto the new parts:
Replacing my old 680s with pretty much the same cards - GTX 770s
YQoG09K.png

My old budget sound card died so I had to go back to using on board and, man, have my ears been spoilt. Couldn't go back to on board sound again so thought I'd upgrade to a pretty tasty Creative Titanium card.
63C8ds0.png

As much as I loved my old Gelid Wings, they weren't silient. These are.
n2UHEeJ.png

Pump top and reservoir from Aquacomputer. Really nice build quality and aesthetics. Those plugs on top of the res are about 1mm too tall to fit in a drive bay, so I'm either going to have to find some lower profile plugs or shave the tops of the ones I have.
Os09Zh1.png

And of course, some pink.
The Pastel pink from Mayhems looks quite milky. I'm probably going to buy some red dye to try and turn it hot pink like my parachord.
53wxDae.png

As soon as my radiators land - hopefully next week - I'll be able to crack on with the case mods and installation.

Associate
OP
Can't really do anything until my rads get here - I need to make sure everything's going to fit properly before I start hacking apart my case and making custom cables. If I could have got my rads from OcUK I would have finished by now!

Associate
OP
Next lot of pictures might appear tomorrow - my rads have been dispatched and are on their way! :D

Go for it CAM - I love seeing how clean parallel loops can make a case.

Associate
OP
Next lot of pictures are indeed here. I can start to get to work on my build no that my rads have finally come!

NdglXFb.png

I went with Alphacool because of the multi-port options:

jWGbbNb.png

Only problem is the plugs that come with the rads are copper - those will be getting sprayed black. Nice to see them ditching the ugly copper stickers too - last time I removed one it peeled half of the paint off with it.

I'm going to have to get some longer M3 screws before I can stack my rads.. The only screws I have the right length are M4. :(

YDiZFmL.png

I've said before that this build is going to be incredibly tight...

5qWTVhE.png

I can now confirm just how tight it will be:

6zK8DHQ.png

Tight.

I had to remove the cooler to fit the card in, so those of you under 18 please cover your eyes for the next picture as it contains full frontal nudity.

0nTR0uS.png

Best get her covered up, back and front!

UJTv2C0.png
oiYq0zQ.png

I have to say, those water blocks and backplates are what sold me the 770s. The fullest full cover blocks out there and they just look so clean. None of that circle crap EK tried to pull off in the past.

Associate
Can't wait to see how the finished radiator stack looks. Probably my favourite thing about the build.

Back
Top Bottom