I'm down by 140 pounds.

Commissario
And it's great!

140 lb is ten stone. That's 63.5 kg.

Here's me in July last year.

fat_feek.jpg

Here's me at the start of May this year.

still-dropping-20140501-200819.jpg

And here's me today in my new suit.

new-suit-1-20140625-182722.jpg
new-suit-2-20140625-182739.jpg
new-suit-3-20140625-182754.jpg

Note - I'm wearing my fancy black sunglasses to preserve my international man-of-mystery image.

I decided a year ago that I'd got to the stage where I blocked out the sun and it was time to do something about it. Twenty plus years of contented marriage can have that effect if you don't watch things and I stopped watching them some time ago.

I can hear you asking how I did this.

The answer is simple. I walk and I count calories. I've not set foot inside a gym.

I walk a lot, currently between eight and ten miles per day at an average speed of around 4.4 mph.

Since July last year I've walked almost exactly 2,500 miles and destroyed a pair of shoes and two pairs of trainers.

My daily calorie allowance is 1,500 plus what I earn from exercise.

I add the calories earned from walking to my daily allowance and as a result, the weight has simply fallen off. I don't eat particularly healthily, it's effectively just good portion control and I think I'm proof that providing you burn more calories that you eat then the weight will come off. Physics, yeah.

I never go to bed hungry!

Here's a plot of how my weight has dropped over the last year.

trend-20140625-183825.png

The yellow line is my trend weight and as you can see, I've only breached it three times. Christmas, New Year and the blip in February is when I had a long weekend away with Mrs. Feek.

The thin green line at the bottom is my final goal weight. I've already reached the initial weight I planned and have just revised it down a fraction further.

So there you have it. I used to be a fat git and now I'm not.

I'm happy :D

One

One

Soldato
Do you still wear your old clothes for fun?

This has inspired me to lose some more weight. I went on a diet last year, started to lose some decent weight but then plateaued. I think I'm going to try and bring my plateau down a bit more over the next few months.

Suspended
Looking good, well done for losing so much weight. Now the hard part begins - Brushing off the ladies flocking to you (and keeping the weight off, of course).

AJK

AJK

Associate
Congratulations chap, that's an epic success :) Keep up the good work, and now keep it off- once you get into your new lifestyle you'll want to keep it!

Really excellent work :)

Commissario
OP
I've not kept a single item of old clothing, it's all gone.

But I have kept my two belts. They're like my rites of passage, every new hole is a cause for celebration and they now reach all the way round to the middle of my back!

Back
Top Bottom