iPhone 6+ bendgate issue.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
In the video that initial small bend looked like it took a really small amount of force to bend. Granted he had to try much harder to bend it further, but the initial bend was really scary in how little effort it took. I think Apple may have a genuine problem here with the 6+...

It seems Apple may even have known about an increased risk of bending. Apparently the limited warranty on the iphone has been changed from the iphone 5/5s to not include bent enclosures anymore. One guy on r/iphone even claims he is an Apple employee and they have been briefed on the change.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is not a design flaw. If you bend something you can bend it back. If something cracks you cant crack it back. It's actually the most radical and most advanced design consideration in the history of technology!

(PS I'm having a laugh in case some Apple brainwashed guys actually start believing that)

Also it's not bending because it's aluminium, or aloominum. A steel structural beam used in building construction will bend if it is flat. This is why they aren't flat but in the shape of an "H". I think Apple haven't copied enough rudimentary ideas yet.

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
I better be careful with my standard 6 then, I tend to put in the lower pocket off my combat trousers when at work!

Soldato
Fat americans?
Apple haters bending phones for bad press?

Regardless of which, if you're bending a smart phone (and an expensive one at that) you're clearly not taking much of any care.

Looks like a non-issue to me at the moment.

Soldato
I put my Plus in my inside jacket pocket, flexed my chest and bent the phone :(

Oh wait, no I didn't because I don't wear skin-tight clothes!

Back
Top Bottom