Best Rad 140mm Fan, High Static Pressure

Associate
Hi fellaz.

I was looking for some good radiator 140mm fan with great static pressure. I checked a few threads, I browsed the internet and other webs, but still no clear conclusion.
I cant see any reliable reviews/tests done for 140mm rad fans :confused:

Is there any great 140mm rad fan with high static pressure you would recommend?
(..............No Noctua pls, the colour is :mad: :o ...)

-Preferably not PWM
-Preffered colour White/Black/Red or even LED(red/white)

I hope this will help others looking for the same thing :)
Thank you

If you have the room then 2 Thermalright TY-147's should be good.
They're 152x140mm though with 120mm mounting holes, so might not be suitable.

There's also the TY-147's which are red / orange in colour, also have 120mm mounting holes & go up to 2500rpm ( very loud at max rpm )

And the Phankets PH-F140HP too, available in various colours. They also have 120mm mounting holes.

This link might be worth a read as well :

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/886-26/recapitulatif-db-a-vs-cfm.html#

It's in french but you can select which fans show in the graph & it also shows their airflow & noise level through a radiator.

Even the Akasa Apache & the non-led Corsair AF140 looks good on that table, so might be worth a look too if you can find them.

All these options are bad for radiators, CFM does not matter in this case, it is the static pressure that does. That's why the OP is asking for specific fans that are suited for this purpose.

Best fans are probably Delta, Sanyo Denki / San Ace, or similar industrial fans. Especially the 38mm thick ones.
Code:
San Ace				Rated	Speed	Airflow	   Static Pressure
Model Number	Size		Volts	 RPM	  CFM		mmH2O

109L1412H101	140x140x38mm	 12	2,600	  159		10.0mm
109L1412M101	140x140x38mm	 12	1,900	  117		5.3mm

Statements like "CFM does not matter .... static pressure does" make no sense. CFM rating is the maximum amount of air the fan can move in free aire use. Static pressure rating is the maximum force the fan has when air stops moving .. and I don't use fans in either of these situations. :rolleyes: For me, it's a balancing act between the two. Can't have one without the other affecting it.

NF-A14 IPPC 3000rpm PWM are good, but TY-143 are just as good (at 2500rpm or below) and much cheaper.

TY-141143NH-A15ampNF-A14IPPCCFMdbaH2O_zpsdad013da.png

I have been told Thermalright was first to use this blade design. Problem is the TY-14x series of fans have 104.5mm mounting hole spacing (120mm fan), not 124.5mm spacing of 140mm fans .. but a simple plate adapter solves that .. problem is I have no idea where to find one .. but do know how to make them. :D
NF-A14A15ampTY-140seriesblade_zpsf5eb68aa.jpg

Last edited:
So far pretty impressed with the Phanteks PH-F140MP radiator fans. These aren't out yet but here are a few shots:

IBzuFnAl.jpg

FIYJgzNh.jpg

uS66ZDtl.jpg

I have tested these out already, just waiting to hear back from Phanteks on if I can share the data. They are better at airflow/noise compared to the Gelid Wing 14 and Cougar CF-V14HB fans I have here when mounted on a rad in push or push-pull alike.

Problem is the TY-14x series of fans have 104.5mm mounting hole spacing (120mm fan), not 124.5mm spacing of 140mm fans .. [/IMG]
thanks for big input!

this is the only problem. I cant use adapters as i cant go over 2.5cm.

If these were made with 14mm fan spacing i would have bought them already.

I like Phanteks PH-F140HP ( http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140HP.html ) as well but again, they have 120mm fan hole spacing...:mad:

Any idea when they are due for release vsg28?

Unfortunately not, I asked them about price and retail availability but no reply yet.

I forgot to say above that I haven't yet put these up against the NB Blacksilent Pro PK-2 and PK-3 fans, and that's about it as far as 140mm SP fans I have.

Please don't go by brand supplied performance data. Use independent testing results similar to what I posted above from CoolingTechniques.

I wish someone made a 120mm fan mount spacing to 140mmfan mount spacing adapter plate like this:
120mm-140mmadapterplate_zps0709dd94.png

Not the easiest of graphs to follow, especially with no context in terms of other fans but I had to start somewhere!

apKFGHRl.jpg

NndJpu2l.jpg

Both noise level and airflow were measured 6" away from the fan and fan/radiator respectively. I'll get the same tests (and accordingly easier to follow multiple quantiy graphs also) done for the other 120/140mm fans I have here in the same conditions- a single 140mm rad would be very helpful here though as I am currently using an SR-1 560 :D

Rather than starting a new thread, I am curious if all this advice pertaining to rad fans would apply to case fans? I'm looking for the BEST 140mm fan for my H440 case, the rear exhaust. I don't care how much it costs, I just want the BEST fan for exhaust in my case. Would the Noctua still win out?

Nice bit of work vsg28.

Yes Legend, it applies to case fans too. The airflow against resistance is just as important for case fans because of the grill, filter and other resistance they must perform against. The chart of NF-A14 and A15 series fans compared to TY-141 & TY-143 shows Thermalright performs as well as Noctua .. and they cost much less.

Asking if the Noctua will win is dependent on which Noctua fan you plan to use and the rpm you plan to use it at.

Back
Top Bottom