Best Rad 140mm Fan, High Static Pressure

you have selected a bad fan also. 1.17 static pressure?

Noctua NF-A14 140mm has 4.18

the Corsair SP140 is not like the SP120 "Performance Series" which has 3.1
And if you are believing the manufacturer's specs I've got a bridge to sell you. :p
Did you look at the test data from CoolingTechnique for the NF-A14 2000rpm ICCP a few posts back? 2.79mm H2O at 2000rpm .. not 4.18 mm H2O like Noctua shows. ;)
That's 150% more than independent testing spec. :eek:

And Noctua is one of the good guys. :D

Last edited:
And if you are believing the manufacturer's specs I've got a bridge to sell you. :p
Did you look at the test data from CoolingTechnique for the NF-A14 2000rpm ICCP a few posts back? 2.79mm H2O at 2000rpm .. not 4.18 mm H2O like Noctua shows. ;)

You think that's funny, ever heard of SilenX? no? that's because people stopped buying their fans after it became common knowledge that they were basically dividing their dB figures by two :D

You think that's funny, ever heard of SilenX? no? that's because people stopped buying their fans after it became common knowledge that they were basically dividing their dB figures by two :D
Yeah, nothing new about that .. may others do similar. How many fan specs show specs of less than 25-30dBA, but we can hear them from a meter or more in a room with 30-35dBA base ambient noise level. :D

i didnt and wow!:eek: so i guess the question is can we find "independent confirmed" 2.79mm static pressure at lower rpm for a cheaper price :) that would be a badass fan no?

Last edited:
how about
4x 230mm fan vs 9x 140mm fan in terms of cooling at similar db?

Code:
230mm
- Dimensions (mm): 230x200x30mm
- Current (A): 0.41A ±10%
- Speed (RPM): 900 RPM ±10%
- Air Flow (CFM): 156.27 CFM ±10%
- Air Pressure (mmH2O): 1.81 mmH2O
- Noise (dB-A): 25.6 dB(A)
vs
Code:
140mm
- Fan Dimensions 140 x 140 x 25mm
- Input Current 0.2 A
- Speed (RPM) 500-1600 ± 250 rpm
- Max Airflow 68.1 CFM
- Static Pressure 1.62 mm H2O
- Acoustical Noise 17-25.3 dB (A)

Anyone? :)

Assuming the specs you posted are remotee accurate ... which is suspect considering the 230mm measures 230x200 .. never seen a fan that changed sizes at rest or while spinning. :D

None .. Because I wouldn't use an H105. Would sell it and get something better. :D No matter how they slice it, the Hydro series are not even close to the hype the advertising and users with no experience with high end air coolers .. or didn't bother to tune the case airflow and think the Hypo.. I mean Hydro are so much better cooling. They simply are not.

Last edited:
i love big air coolers, my favourite piece of kit, look badass. Although, I have just installed a H105 into a microATX case for my new build. Iv never had a water cooler for cpu before. I bought it because it will fit snug and will provide better cooling than any air cooler could because the max height allowed for this case is 120mm Sometimes! air is not the solution :)

Last edited:
Assuming the specs you posted are remotee accurate ... which is suspect considering the 230mm measures 230x200 .. never seen a fan that changed sizes at rest or while spinning. :D

rly ? :)
well try to look at the fan and u will realize why...
564.png

This is the same with noctua and thermalright (and others as well) fans, which are technically 14cm fans, with 12cm fan mounting holes and have 140x150x25 mm

... So ?

Back
Top Bottom