Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
well.. here's my response to last post from Roady -;

I'll get you a better pic! think I may have got the hex bolt from the other mount I had that's probably the reason why you don't have it, afaik superstar won't do much RE that because garmin bolt is a bit different.. and that mount is advertised as gopro compatible but give it a shot see what happens, their service over-all seems quite good.

here's a video of the tile/plastic thing that hit me today! still unsure of what it was!

and yeah it was a close call! scary to think what would happen if it got jammed between my spokes.

Soldato
Still don't understand why a sub forum can't be created, get so many spec mes, and individual queries, that when someone requests some help could be 30 or so posts before they come back and can't find what they want, then could have some rules about spec me threads so people actually get the answer they need.

Man of Honour
OP
Still don't understand why a sub forum can't be created, get so many spec mes, and individual queries, that when someone requests some help could be 30 or so posts before they come back and can't find what they want, then could have some rules about spec me threads so people actually get the answer they need.

Good point. I'll have get back to you on this.

Soldato

+1 to this! :) cycling seems to be quite big/biggest topic here in sports arena(excluding football which already has it's own sub-forum)

Man of Honour

I think that's a good idea too.

Soldato
I-DONT-LIKE-5cg3rc.jpg

re thread title.

Soldato
I quite like the one giant thread approach but I can see how its not the most practical.

I think the amount of general banter and quick Qs on parts is good, but we could have a thread for race results individual spec me with an FAQ telling people what they need to list so they don't get TRIBAN 300 or Pinarello Dogma F8 or whatever :D

Soldato
Some rough calculations of the old road bike thread vs other subforums in terms if average posts per day:

Football Stadium: 183.0 PPD
Road bike thread: 33.8 PPD
American TV: 20.6 PPD
Training Logs: 11.45 PPD
On the water: 1.7 PPD
Biker's cafe: 1.2 PPD
Motorsport: 0.7 PPD

That's ignoring the dirty MTBers too.

Theoretically, a cycling subforum would be the 2nd most popular subforum ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom