HomeBrew Ocuk Bottle Swap ?

Associate
Would the Mods be against me organising a bottle swap, it would work a bit like secret santa but with beer.... If 10 people are interested i don't mind running it.

Interested:

Squid
FrenchTart
Seabiscuit
Mrs Seabiscuit
Aceface57
Mark A
Kimi
Silent
Poppy

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd be up for this (and I can't imagine the mods having an issue tbh) but at the moment I'm out of home brew and also our last few batches were very meh. I think the earliest I could do something would be mid-April...even that might be pushing it.

Soldato
Yeah sounds a good idea but thats gonna get expensive with postage especially if you have to send to everyone. + having to package it well. BUT please tell us more. As with the original BOTW we were on board at the start of that. Always happy support homebrewing.

Soldato
Ahh frenchy! :D

another idea squid films himself popping participants names in a hat then pulling out pairs and we just send to our randomly selected partner, though that could be awkward if Seabiscuit and I are paired as we live together and brew together :p

Associate
OP
Yes you would only post one beer, or if you want you could enter more than one but it be like Secrete Santa, everyone who enters posts one / sends one beer then when they post a pic and thank you and if they liked it and i'll post who it was from. ? I'm open to ideas

Last edited:
Associate
I'd be keen for a bottle swap, but in the process of moving so supplies are limited and I won't be brewing for a wee while. Should have something ready in the summer, not too keen on sending out lots of bottles, just one or two every now and again.

Soldato
Only issue with this is knowing the persons age. Most people here that are brewing beer - that's probably fine but it only takes one instance of someone sending beer to a minor to cause a problem.

Caporegime
Just need to run this by a few people first, only concern that immediately jumps out is age (no, not of the beer but rather the people taking part). :)

In the meantime if you're taking names make sure you get the people to post that they are 18+ :)

Soldato
Well look at BOTW we dont actually know anyones age in that.

The issue here is that you're supplying alcohol. If the recipient turns out to be a minor - that's a criminal record.

BOTW is people buying their own and then posting it. Not someone brewing and supplying it without age verification.

I think bottle swap is a good thing :) but on a globally available web forum there's no guarantee to someone's identity or age.

Soldato
I'd be up for sending a bottle to someone who knows their stuff just to tell me where I'm going wrong. I wouldn't want anything in return until I can make something good enough.

Back
Top Bottom