HomeBrew Ocuk Bottle Swap ?

Soldato
How about this,
Rule 1
You must have a post count of 1000 or have been here 5 years with a good forum track record. (before we go any further)
Rule 2
A photo must be supplied to a don lets use DJ or/and Jokester, of a photo of you with your home brewing equipment and your passport of id proving your age?
I don`t know how else to do it?

EDIT FOR EDITY goodness:- NickK please do not think I am being argumentive with you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
Surely the rules are on selling alcohol to minors rather than giving it to them?

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts/alcohol-and-the-law/the-law-on-alcohol-and-under-18s

I don't think we need to be too stressed about this - as I also presume that we don't have many 5 year-olds on the forum (not matter what their posting style may suggest).

It's not a big deal asking anyone that's going to take part to clearly state within this thread (or an official one) that they are 18+.

Man of Honour
It's not a big deal asking anyone that's going to take part to clearly state within this thread (or an official one) that they are 18+.

I'm not arguing against that.

I'm just pointing out that perhaps we don't need to stress as much about the whole under 18 thing as it seemed that people were doing.

For the record, I am very much over 18 (more over than I'd like) :p

Associate
OP
Ok next item is dates, people have suggested need to make in next 2-3 weeks and then 2-4 for to be bottle ready, so first week of may ?

Also I'd allow for sending in plastic less chance of breakage !

Associate
Just a thought, but if we're brewing specifically for this, can I suggest that it's maybe send more than 1 bottle? That way we get a greater range of feedback. But I realise that it would increase shipping costs a little, so people might not want to go for that.

edit* as in send bottles to more than one person, not sending 2 bottles to one person

Man of Honour
If I've got more than one brew bottled I'm happy to do so.

What size are we going for? I'd suggest something small simply to make postage easier (and you don't need a 660ml bottle to get an idea of how something tastes).

Associate
Ah, I was meaning if we're doing a bews specifically for this swap, then sending 2-3 out for the beer swap of that one brew, rather than 2-3 different brews.
It means that if one of us has brewed the most awesome beer ever, that more than one person gets to idolise me. I mean them.
And people can compare notes more if the same beer is going to a few people. So we can learn from each other.

Man of Honour
Ahh right. I get you now.

Yeah, that makes sense. By the sounds of it there won't be that many of us so it may actually be feasible to send out one (330ml?) to each of the other people.

Back
Top Bottom