#1 FPS GAME

Associate
TFC #1 & CS beta 5.2/6 #2

The TF games, be it quake or HL engined, gave CTF with different classes (to choose from) which gave those games different game mechanics & skill sets rather than the pure run and gun games.

The old games mechanics/physics worked well and were fluid. The physics from the quake based engines had querks which (whether intended or not) allowed 'skills' to be learned and in turn shaped and changed the gameplay. Doesn't really happen toady, which is a shame.

Soldato
Counter-Strike:Source is probably still the biggest FPS on the market today for the PC community. I quite like it, but I tend to get destroyed by some of the amazing talent there.

Associate
Half Life.

Yes, the game has aged graphically but the point being, for its time, no other game since has offered the same innovations involving gameplay mechanics and story telling and pacing remotely comparable with the same impact Half Life had in its time.

No other FPS has given me the same feeling when firing it up, from the opening scenes, you are hooked and in the palm of their (Valves) hands.

Agreed!

I quite like Call of Duty 2, and as far as MP FPS tactical shooters are concerned few come close to BF3.

Back
Top Bottom