US: 12 Monkeys

Permabanned
Maybe, it's a more interesting storyline trying to stop yourself from causing the end of the world though. With time travel involved he can't just kill himself as it could be his carcass that is unique for the lab rats to create the virus.

Soldato
well after the first two episodes I was about to call it a day, I've got some really good shows on the go at the minute and didn't have time for just some average tosh. Man am I glad I stuck with it. The second half of the season has been brilliant, especially the last two I watched (11 and 12).

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
well after the first two episodes I was about to call it a day, I've got some really good shows on the go at the minute and didn't have time for just some average tosh. Man am I glad I stuck with it. The second half of the season has been brilliant, especially the last two I watched (11 and 12).

Couldnt agree more this series was really surprising good. It just filled with twists and turns. Good Stuff

One

One

Soldato
The way all the time travel has been set up seems to suggest their in a fixed timeline so everything they do is pre-determined. Which is okay, it just means I don't have to think about how time travel can change stuff as it won't, everything that is supposed to happen will and does happen.

Soldato
The way all the time travel has been set up seems to suggest their in a fixed timeline so everything they do is pre-determined. Which is okay, it just means I don't have to think about how time travel can change stuff as it won't, everything that is supposed to happen will and does happen.

You can only base an hypothesis using the information which has been made available to you. I have a feeling as we get into season 2, you might rethink that :D That said, there has already been a massive change in the timeline...

The witness has been there from episode 1, however I believe that wasn't always the case. There has to have been an incident at some point in time which split the timeline off into a different direction. If time as you say is predetermined, that would mean an infinite cause and effect loop with no beginning or end. Effect precedes Cause!

Cole was unable to stop the virus because the witness knew what was coming. That lead to the eventual mission in Tokyo where Hosay becomes the Witness. The snake eating it's own tail

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice series but with the amount of time lines and what and who happening bit too much for myself.

Id imagine if I sat down and watched it back to back and with 100% focus I still wouldn't understand it;)

Season 2 is renewed so lucky for 12 monkey fans, syfy still deciding on helix renewal.

Permabanned
I think i would probably have liked it even more if i'd sat down and watched it that way R3X.

I liked it at the start then started getting a bit confused when trying to think where the story was going after some episodes but most of it has ended up fitting together nicely, on more than one occasion someone has said a line that gave me an "ohhhh" moment as things finally fit together. Glad i stuck with it as i've really enjoyed the season overall.

Funny you mention Helix, i was comparing the two shows when that one was still in it's jumping back and forward every 5mins phase and thinking 12 Monkeys was better. Helix made more sense by the end of the season too but i still think Monkeys is the better show.

Also took me a while to not keep seeing Cole as Birkhoff from Nikita lol.

Associate
I just slammed season 1 back to back over the course of a few days.

Bleeding excellent series, very well thought out, very good representation of time travel. Starting season 2 shortly...

Gets even more weird in S2 lol

Seems they have set out 4 seasons to get the whole story told properly. So hopefully they will get to make S3 and S4.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Season 3 was confirmed few days ago, rough ETA is summer 2017.

I liked it towards the end, still a baffling and confusing season 2 but I admit I don't 100% concentrate all the time:)

Back
Top Bottom