• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1366 X58 Xeon 5650

Associate
There is a point when you saturate internal bus transfers and take penalty hits. But CPU’s can scale really well.

IIRC John Carmack said if you take the Xbox performance in TFlops you have to times it by 6 to get the equivalent PC performance.
The quote of his I’m familiar with is regarding the original Xbox. Where he said if you code just for the console you can get 2x perf vs same spec PC. 2x has been generally stated by other developers also, and depending on the game it’s borne out in benchmarks, even requirements at times. The later into the console generation, and the more experience developers have pushing the hardware, the more it applies. How DX12 and Vulkan effects this I have not yet looked into.

If you look at late generation 360 or PS4 games and find benchmarks using similar settings it demonstrates this.

However FLOPS aren’t directly comparable between architectures, and even less so between manufacturers.

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'd imagine the instructions will be recognised as those instructions are present on Gulftown chips like the i7 980 and official bios support exists for those while westmere is pretty much the same chip.

I doubt people running those are using RDNA2 or RTX3000 cards and nether do you need one to enjoy PC gaming.

I've got an RTX 3060Ti in my rig :cool:

Back
Top Bottom