• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

13700KF to 7800X3D

Man of Honour
You might as well sell the 7800X3D and upgrade once the 8800X3D / whatever it's called comes out.

Now that you've you are going with an AM5 system.

Looks like the biggest changes with Zen 5 are going to be the R9s - I don't think the mainstream CPUs are going to hugely change the story compared to what you can buy now.

Soldato
OP
A honorary member, worthy of the membership.
Enjoy your build, and accolade of being part of the elite master race PC club, it is far from lonely in here :D
I'm both honoured and humbled to be welcomed to such a prestigious club! :p
Now You need 4090 to push 7800x3d more
I'd been tempted, but I've used team green for many years before my 6900XT and now the 7900XTX, just fancied a change after so long.
Didn't use Ray Tracing so not really missing much.

see what happens in 24 though.
You might as well sell the 7800X3D and upgrade once the 8800X3D / whatever it's called comes out.

Now that you've you are going with an AM5 system.
I'll see about that when it's released.

Man of Honour
WOW i haven’t seen that motherboard before

Now i want one :cry::cry::cry: Just need to find someone to pay the £1000+ for it :(

Don't think they are available in the UK currently/if at all. I don't really see anything worth the extra money aside from maybe the way the connectors are implemented which could be really useful for some rigs, but add an extra potential point of failure at the same time. You pay all that money and still don't get any extra PCI-e lanes, etc. which is a big meh.

Soldato
Looks like the biggest changes with Zen 5 are going to be the R9s - I don't think the mainstream CPUs are going to hugely change the story compared to what you can buy now.
Depends what you want. I think Zen 5 will compete pretty well with Arrow Lake, in both single and multithreaded performance.

i would expect improvements to DDR5 support also, with 8000 MT/s potentially being supported by the memory controller. And the platform is maturing now.

Intel might have a bit on an edge, because it looks like a lot has been invested into Arrow Lake, and the 2nm/20a fab. process.

I think Zen 6 will be on AM5 also, if Zen 4 is sufficient for games over the next few years.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Depends what you want. I think Zen 5 will compete pretty well with Arrow Lake, in both single and multithreaded performance.

Desktop performance will probably see a good uplift from the IPC improvements but gaming performance improvements more a feature of the R9 chips.

Back
Top Bottom