15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I suggest you go and read about the place before spurting rubbish.
I suggest you use your posts to provide information and thoughtful opinion on subjects as opposed to simple lines of antagonistic rhetoric and visual propoganda.

If you really do have a point then try to capture it in a non-inflamatory, informed post. Currently your hate bleeds through.

Caporegime
I suggest you use your posts to provide information and thoughtful opinion on subjects as opposed to simple lines of antagonistic rhetoric and visual propoganda.

If you really do have a point then try to capture it in a non-inflamatory, informed post. Currently your hate bleeds through.

He kind of has a point. If you look up Brixton riots it requests whether you mean the 1981 riots, 1985 riots, 1995 riots, 2011 riots or 2020 riots...

Associate
Technically "of" is incorrectly used to replace " 've" so he should've written... well, that. :D

"wouldn't've" I don't think works too well, however i think I would much prefer reading that than the incorrect use of "of".

Still don't get your point. I don't think you even had one?

I think they should take a different approach and avoid violence as much as possible - a badly aimed swing of a batton can have serious consequences.

They should get some kind of device that can be attached to a proper riot van or Land Rover that just sprays...

A fine idea in some scenarios, but some people will merely be provoked by this method. Worth having as an option for say beach gatherings atm, or peaceful protests that are turning bad. The current gatherings not observing social distancing aren't really thinking about those have died or those who could die.

If we suffer big second waves in areas that have had gatherings, the police could receive more negative publicity for not doing a sufficient job to disperse crowds. Seems to me like a potential lose lose situation by not taking a heavier hand.

Soldato

NVP

NVP

Soldato
He kind of has a point. If you look up Brixton riots it requests whether you mean the 1981 riots, 1985 riots, 1995 riots, 2011 riots or 2020 riots...

I took issue with his inflammatory post "the usual suspects", as from his posting history we all know his intention. Unless he simply meant the local, poor population - which we shouldn't kid ourselves about.

Please, tell me the intention of your "usual suspects" post.

Still don't get your point. I don't think you even had one?
Then, my man, you are a lost cause.

Associate
Then, my man, you are a lost cause.

I gave you benefit of doubt thinking your original post quoting me may have had some relevance to the topic on hand. Given you won't elaborate on your point, i'm only left thinking your intention was to merely grow the typical internet ego.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Well since you can not work it out for yourself, even though another member here has pointed it out to you.

The same people at the same place.
Quite coy with your specific statement, perhaps fearful to say what you actually mean? Same old thing with you kittens.

I gave you benefit of doubt thinking your original post quoting me may have had some relevance to the topic on hand.
Really? Are you sure? Or are you not taking this denial thing a bit too far now?

Given you won't elaborate on your point, i'm only left thinking your intention was to merely grow the typical internet ego.
Internet ego? Please, being the definition of tall dark and handsome I have more than enough real life ego to have any need to source some from an internet forum :D

Caporegime
I took issue with his inflammatory post "the usual suspects", as from his posting history we all know his intention. Unless he simply meant the local, poor population - which we shouldn't kid ourselves about.

Why are you blaming it on poverty? There are other areas of the country that are far worse off than Brixton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49812519

Why don't we see repeated riots in these areas?

Associate
Really? Are you sure? Or are you not taking this denial thing a bit too far now?
Internet ego? Please, being the definition of tall dark and handsome I have more than enough real life ego to have any need to source some from an internet forum :D

From your original post quoting me in red i can draw a couple of conclusions on what you meant. I asked for you to elaborate to understand what the actual point was, whether that was relating me to the rioters, or merely a form of grammar policing, but you didn't. You claim to not drive for an internet ego, yet you post on the internet about your real life feeding an ego, that just screams of irony or trolling to me.

I now see where GD gets it reputation from. Not meaning you specifically, so don't take that a personal attack, just in general from what i've read when lurking the past few months. So i'll admit it's my own fault for being drawn into posting here. Over and out from me.

Man of Honour
Looks like you have a short memory.

My late father was at that riot. He was a police officer and had bricks and petrol bombs thrown at him. I was in a south London hospital at the time as a 12yr old with appendicitis. I was told afterwards by my mum that rioters were trying to storm the hospital and they had to get police defend it. I guess the hospital must have offended the rioters in some way.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
From your original post quoting me in red i can draw a couple of conclusions on what you meant. I asked for you to elaborate to understand what the actual point was, whether that was relating me to the rioters, or merely a form of grammar policing, but you didn't. You claim to not drive for an internet ego, yet you post on the internet about your real life feeding an ego, that just screams of irony or trolling to me.

I now see where GD gets it reputation from. Not meaning you specifically, so don't take that a personal attack, just in general from what i've read when lurking the past few months. So i'll admit it's my own fault for being drawn into posting here. Over and out from me.
Extremely dramatic aren't you, perhaps simply acknowledging the mistake would have been a better use of all our time, as you do not need me to expand on what was quite an obvious point due to others already having done so. But hey ho, widdle you inability to write legibly into something else, minor to me I'll troll it anyway : D Have fun, sweetheart.

I like how you blame other people for your misunderstandings\working things out. But nothing new.
Nice deflection there my man :rolleyes:

Why are you blaming it on poverty?
I'm not blaming anything on poverty, I was simply trying to ascertain the meaning of "usual suspect".

Out of curiosity I Googled this practice and encountered this:
snip
I am not convinced that posters knowingly use contractions, they just type as they speak, a depressing condemnation of our declining education standards, all too often from people who claim to love all things Ingerlich :(
I missed this post, sorry. Spot on - I may come across an ass but perhaps that's just who I am :D my goal is always to educate, however the point is pitched/received.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mkay. So, what do you think the cause is? Why do we keep seeing these riots in the same places when other areas are worse off?
Maybe outside of race there might be something else because if it was just because 'blacks' there would be many more in other areas and more often surely? I mean not all the black people live in Brixton you know.

Soldato
Then tell me what it is. We've already ruled out poverty.
You tell me. If not all black people are involved in causing trouble or crime then the because 'black' obviously isnt the answer.

Its not my field of expertise but I know many 'blacks' and not all of them have a rampant desire to commit crime or join gangs.

Caporegime
You tell me. If not all black people are involved in causing trouble or crime then the because 'black' obviously isnt the answer.

Its not my field of expertise but I know many 'blacks' and not all of them have a rampant desire to commit crime or join gangs.

That's not the case at all. You're sure it's not the answer so what is? Why do we see higher crime rates from the black population when the most deprived areas in the country are majority white areas? Why do we see repeated riots in the likes of Brixton which is a very high black population area and also not a highly deprived area? Why do black kids attain lower grades in school than any of their peers?

You feel you can confidently rule answers out but you cant or won't say what the answers are.

Back
Top Bottom