15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

Caporegime
Watch a program like 'young dumb and banged up in the sun'

You think any of these morons ever want to go back to prison in Spain etc?

Thats how our prisons and police should be. Making them cry, sad, and feel pathetic.

Not giving them PlayStations and a cushy life.

Doesn't seem to work though does it? What happens when they come out of prison and can't get a job due to stigmatisation?

Honestly it's a difficult topic, so I won't bother going too deep into it. If we're going to deal with the prison system, we have to figure out a way to reduce the recidivism rate or we're just going to end up with increasingly violent offenders and increasing expenditure on keeping them locked up for longer. Even if we reduced costs to just a room, bed, water, food, books and exercise, it's still expensive.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Youre saying if they come out of a tough prison that makes them cry rather than them enjoying it like summer camp it will hinder their chance of a job?

You're basing this off of a selective sample from a TV show though, how do you know it's even remotely representative of the prison population there?

Mind you I think prisons can do without the comfort of electronic entertainment. I see no reason why they can't just survive off of literature, they might learn something at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
As an aside when I first drove to Spain for work in '79 I had to get a bail bond on my insurance. It wasn't long after General Francisco Franco and the prisons were reputed as tough, they may have got better since, a bit.

Commissario
I do love the way you try to tie everything in to the "left" or now that it's a thing that's appeared on your radar BLM and "taking a knee".

Even the Daily Mail doesn't attempt to make a link between the "party" and BLM or anything, but MMJ "yeah it's the lefties/blm or whatever"

Soldato
I do love the way you try to tie everything in to the "left" or now that it's a thing that's appeared on your radar BLM and "taking a knee".

Even the Daily Mail doesn't attempt to make a link between the "party" and BLM or anything, but MMJ "yeah it's the lefties/blm or whatever"

I find it hard to think there isn't a connection between how the police caved in during the BLM protests and black people feeling emboldened to charge at the police. If you bend over for the crowd then respect is lost and without respect, you've lost control. We're seeing it first hand here and you're still blind to it

Commissario
I find it hard to think there isn't a connection between how the police caved in during the BLM protests and black people feeling emboldened to charge at the police. If you bend over for the crowd then respect is lost and without respect, you've lost control. We're seeing it first hand here and you're still blind to it
You've obviously missed all the occassions in the past where the police have had problems with large parties....

I can remember similar stories going back at least 20 years.

Soldato
You've obviously missed all the occassions in the past where the police have had problems with large parties....

I can remember similar stories going back at least 20 years.

Not to this level, not to this degree. and not at this frequency.

I remember these stories too and usually the police didn't run away in this fashion.

Caporegime
I don't see nearly enough officers there, should they have went into a dangerous situation with minimal backup to please some anachronistic sentiment of violence?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom