1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_One, Jun 25, 2020.

1. StriderX

Caporegime

I'm not playing anything, i'm asking a question for what you thought was a riot as you've made zero distinctions.

I'll just be blunt then, if there's a distinction between a protest and a riot, why have you seemingly (in my view) provided no weight to the former?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. Dis86

Capodecina

So plenty of time for the people to leave it and congregate nearby then?

3. Skunkworks

Soldato

Everyone should listen to these when they have time.

4. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Still need to listen to the Bret W one but the Sam H one was excellent.

5. Malevolence

Capodecina

Love how the media is tiptoeing around this story so as not to disturb the massive elephant in the room.

6. Skunkworks

Soldato

I like Joe, but his interruptions in this are frustrating. Bret starts to methodically set out a point and Joe will interrupt and drag things down by 40 IQ points. Still well worth listening though.

7. StriderX

Caporegime

They're not tiptoeing, they're engineering.

Why would the media be scared of their own beast?

8. Nasher

Capodecina

Everyone can see it for what it is though, they don't need to say anything.

9. ianh

Soldato

I've highlighted the relevant parts of my post for you, where I gave an example (an instance serving for illustration) of what people (not me) might think and then I specifically said those examples are not true in every situation.

Hopefully that makes sense to you.

10. dowie

Caporegime

An elephant they, or rather the US media, largely created and hyped up... as Coleman Hughes highlighted in his city-journal article, even if you reduce police killings by 99% you can still amplify the footage of the remaining 1% and get the same reaction, riots etc...

Dumb thing is that the whole racist police killing people is mostly just a myth/perception issue and lack of any serious discussion, nuance on the topic in politics is preventing most people from seeing the truth. Instead it's just accepted that these outlier incidents are symptomatic of a larger problem and black people's lives are in danger... racial tensions get heightened and mob violence results.

11. Skunkworks

Soldato

It's all becoming so overt their nothing to see here act is adding to the escalation. Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining.

12. Tony Edwards

Mobster

I dont get what you are all trying to get at. It is in the papers. What do you want them to actually say about it?

This is the fault of the Tories running down police numbers and underfunding them over the last 10 years. Morale in the police force must be pretty low right now and you expect them to run into a vastly outnumbering hostile crowd?

13. Nasher

Capodecina

But if they weren't soft on "black lives matter" rioters earlier when they were pulling down statues and vandalising everything in sight, they wouldn't have the balls to do this stuff now.

14. Greebo

Caporegime

Course they would. You think it would have made any difference?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  15. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Dont be silly. You very much under estimate what people will do. This is football hooligan level disturbance not the uprising of 'the blacks'.

16. Smokey Deza

Wise Guy

Yup. Those that pulled it down should have been arrested for domestic terrorism.

17. Greebo

Caporegime

I am not sure how you work out that it falls under that definition? I know you would like it to but sadly it isn't.

18. Dis86

Capodecina

They used violent actions for political aims. That's literally the definition of terrorism.

19. StriderX

Caporegime

Was it aimed at civilians?

Diluting the terminology of terrorism is a very dangerous path, though the irony would be funny at least.

20. Dis86

Capodecina

It's dilution of nothing. It's the definition.