• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

;)

I can do 5.4+ on a couple of CPU (before delid) at low volts (1.35v) 2K plus and these CPU are yours ;)

We have a plan for a very high OC system 24-7 the testing of this concept starts on my arrival back from CES. Jumper you would approve ;)

I can do 5.5Ghz on my 2500K :p

Kaby lake, what a massive fail. Intel sleeping at the wheel.. sorry could but this thread is one of the biggest anti climax launches in the last 5 years. Can't take your positivity seriously 8pack.. hopefully zen will liven things up.

Kaby lake, what a massive fail. Intel sleeping at the wheel.. sorry could but this thread is one of the biggest anti climax launches in the last 5 years. Can't take your positivity seriously 8pack.. hopefully zen will liven things up.

We will see where Zen is but if it really does have the same IPC as SkyLake/KabyLake what Intel did here was insure they still have the per thread performance edge, at least on paper bumping the out of box clocks and refining it a bit so it overclocks a little more.

AMD's F4 revision 8 core used at CES runs at 3.6Ghz base and 4Ghz Boost.
Compare that to the 7700K @ 4.2Ghz and 4.5Ghz Boost, thats about 17% higher clocks, that is where reviews will show up the differences and its where Intel and Intel fans alike will point and say "see, Intel still better, Intel higher value"

I hope AMD 4 core 8 threads Zen is at least 4Ghz base and 4.2Ghz Boost, if it has the same IPC, because if its not we will never see the end of Intel justification bar-charts and i shall have to kill myself! :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom