• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

;)

Caporegime
8 pack chips are here, at 5.1/5.2 :p

My god they are at a premium though.

I don't think I'd buy one anyway to be honest. '8 Pack stable' means not locking up under realistic use and might survive a stress test for 5 minutes but stress tests dont matter honest. :p

Caporegime
They will sell in droves bought by people who want to quote them in their signatures, not that there is anything wrong with that, but that really is the only purpose for a valuation like that.

I have a 5GHz i7 and I have had it at 5.4GHz before (but couldn't control the temps) and yet I don't have it in my sig. Are other people really interested in that stuff? You could quite easily put "i7 7700K @ 6GHz" in your sig if you wanted. :p

Soldato
It was on the press release (I think from AMD) that was reported by Hexus and various other sites. OCUK are one of the companies with Ryzen machines at CES. Gibbo is there it seems.

Genunie Q, but if they're on display at CES why can't they be shown on here too? Or is it a case of them being built and available for atendees to use, but the internals are taped/blanked and nobody can know what's inside etc?

Soldato
Yes our Ryzen Infin8 system is here at CES.

Gibbo is also here along with myself.

Cheers. Hope you two are enjoying yourselves.

Genunie Q, but if they're on display at CES why can't they be shown on here too? Or is it a case of them being built and available for atendees to use, but the internals are taped/blanked and nobody can know what's inside etc?

I suspect Gibbo and 8Pack are under an NDA. So they can confirm facts (not rumors) about Ryzen in the public domain but they can't tell you anything else until the NDA expires.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers. Hope you two are enjoying yourselves.

I suspect Gibbo and 8Pack are under an NDA. So they can confirm facts (not rumors) about Ryzen in the public domain but they can't tell you anything else until the NDA expires.

Yeah I understand that, but nothing's stopping them posting a photo of the box they built which is currently on public display. Or does only Intel get the hype threads? :p

ETA: To clarify, I mean they've built a rig with a hotly anticipated new CPU and chipset but aside from members finding out in a third party press release and repeating it on here nobody would have been any the wiser. You'd think OcUK would have at least mentioned it once it was made public domain... There are plenty of other pics of Zen systems from CES, so it's not like it's not allowed. I'd have thought they would have welcomed the opportunity to hype the product and promote their involvement in its development and sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I understand that, but nothing's stopping them posting a photo of the box they built which is currently on public display. Or does only Intel get the hype threads? :p

ETA: To clarify, I mean they've built a rig with a hotly anticipated new CPU and chipset but aside from members finding out in a third party press release and repeating it on here nobody would have been any the wiser. You'd think OcUK would have at least mentioned it once it was made public domain... There are plenty of other pics of Zen systems from CES, so it's not like it's not allowed. I'd have thought they would have welcomed the opportunity to hype the product and promote their involvement in its development and sale.

The terms of the NDA will be specific. There will be people at CES who have not signed an NDA.

Soldato
So this Ryzen Infin8 system which is at CES, why haven't we seen this? Is it going to be part a big reveal today or tmrw (CES ends tmrw)? So far CES has been a real white wash for any really exciting info regards Ryzen or VEGA, just some motherboards and tech specs. Nothing wrong with that, but fair to say most of us expected more.

Associate

You mean this one?

33uaoaa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom