• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

;)

Was thinking 5700XT but it's slower than my 1080Ti.

Yeh, definitely won't be as fast.

2080 Super maybe what you should be looking at if the price doesn't put you off.

Yeah, looking like Radeon 7 is still gonna be 10/15% faster than it.

I'm amazed at how much faster than the Vega 64 the Radeon 7 is. I swear it wasn't that fast in the launch reviews. Basically matches or slightly behind the 2080. 2070S does kill the value proposition of the Radeon7/2080 though.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1865-geforce-rtx-super/

Last edited:
Yeh, definitely won't be as fast.

2080 Super maybe what you should be looking at if the price doesn't put you off.

I'm amazed at how much faster than the Vega 64 the Radeon 7 is. I swear it wasn't that fast in the launch reviews. Basically matches or slightly behind the 2080. 2070S does kill the value proposition of the Radeon7/2080 though.
Apparently it overclocks like a beast too.

Apparently it overclocks like a beast too.

It's going EoL though as I imagine it costs a lot to make and they can't match the 2070S price.

Navi 20 mist be able to destroy the Radeon 7 given Navi 10 beats Vega 64 with ease. 2080Ti might have a competitor.

Navi 20 mist be able to destroy the Radeon 7 given Navi 10 beats Vega 64 with ease. 2080Ti might have a competitor.
Can we for once ease up on the AMD hype :p

People like your good self who hype these unreleased AMD cards up just cause so much disappointment when the inevitable launch reality hits.

They've just about matched a 2070. 2080 Ti is a loooooong way in the distance.

Can we for once ease up on the AMD hype :p

People like your good self who hype these unreleased AMD cards up just cause so much disappointment when the inevitable launch reality hits.

They've just about matched a 2070. 2080 Ti is a loooooong way in the distance.

Radeon 7 isn't really that far behind. Add 30-40% performance and it'll be there.

Radeon 7 is 331 sq.mm. Radeon RX Vega 64/56 is 495 sq.mm.

Ah fair enough. My bad, picked the wrong chip.

But the point is, if AMD create a die that is 495mm^2 with the same CUs in the 5700XT, you'd like to think they would get at least 50% extra performance even if they dial the clocks back to a more power efficient voltage and speed. It'll still be a 300W card, but the performance should be there.

The RTX 2080 is 545mm^2 for example.

Gibbo, how much stock is due, just a rough guide line, is it limited like vega originally or decent amount like polaris with the RX 480?

And this is good. If AMD makes a 480-530 sq.mm GPU with Navi 10's shaders, you will see a card that is significantly faster than RTX 2080 Ti!
Well since it isn't due until 2020, even if AMD reach 2080 ti performance (which I doubt), it'll be up against the 3080/Ti by then anyhow.

A full 64 (assuming it's still the limit) unit Navi would be Titan tier going by what we know. But honestly i'm more interested in the full RDNA unit, which is probably why they haven't even hinted at a thiccnavi yet.

Well since it isn't due until 2020, even if AMD reach 2080 ti performance (which I doubt), it'll be up against the 3080/Ti by then anyhow.

3080/3080Ti won't be faster than RTX 2080Ti because nvidia won't be able to produce a very large GPU on the new 7nm Samsung node maybe until 2021-2022.
Do you remember when JHH said that the new GPUs are long way off...

AMD will have videocards that are faster, much cheaper and drawing less power than RTX 2080 Ti in 2020.

3080/3080Ti won't be faster than RTX 2080Ti because nvidia won't be able to produce a very large GPU on the new 7nm Samsung node maybe until 2021-2022.

AMD will have videocards that are faster, much cheaper and drawing less power than RTX 2080 Ti in 2020.
I see you've lovingly restored the AMD hype train after her derailment, and now she's ready to re-enter service.

Coming to a station near you, soon.... Just remember that statisticaly, 99.9% of AMD hype trains end up on fire and upside-down in the middle of a field.

I see what you are saying, but you are not taking architectural improvements into account. Look at the difference from Maxwell to Kepler, both 28nm as I recall?

My guess is it will come out 2020, don’t care what JHH says, he said something like that about 4-5 months before Turing came out also. I expect the 3080 will easily beat 2080Ti performance and trounce the RT performance.

Back
Top Bottom