1920 x 1200 for around £200

Soldato
I have a Samsung 2443BW.

It's great for gaming. There's a review somewhere showing very low lag.

Here are the brightness / contrast settings I use:

Brightness = 40
Contrast = 70
Magicolor = Off
Color Tone = Normal
Gamma = Mode 3

Soldato
OP
Yeah, sorry posted in the other thread.

Box was pre-opened as per usual from OcUK. Slight scuff on the bezel where it had been rubbing on the polystyrene packing (wasn't wrapped properly). but screen seems just fine :)

Soldato
OP
That would annoy me! You buy new and you should get new - you not going to complain?

It does annoy me, but pretty much all the things I have bought from OcUK have been pre-opened (and that's a fair few things), so I'm thinking it's just what they do.....

Not much point in complaining as the monitor works fine, but I may send a webnote about the pre-opened box...

Associate
Weird, I've personally not had anything opened by OCUK, I've only bought one monitor from them though, bought lots of mobos and CPU's etc...

I'm pretty much set on this screen as a decent looking, large, adjustable quality display for a fair price. My usage will be gaming and browsing. TN will do me this time around - my Viewsonic VX922 I'd say is far worse than the SM2443 in terms of colour, and that has done me for three years!

Soldato
It does annoy me, but pretty much all the things I have bought from OcUK have been pre-opened (and that's a fair few things), so I'm thinking it's just what they do.....

Not much point in complaining as the monitor works fine, but I may send a webnote about the pre-opened box...

I thought you said you had a couple of stuck pixels too. :confused:

Soldato
I've got the Samsung 2433BW same panel IIRC just different design.

I got this about 3 months ago and am very happy with it for the money :)

Enjoy your 2443BW :D

Soldato
Yeah, I mean, I have not had it myself the 4850 I got from OCUK was B-Grade, so bound to be opened.
Hearing of receiving already opened goods from OCUK is slightly, (Only slightly.) off-putting.
I mean, again, is it not part of the magic of receiving a new item, unboxing it and knowing you are the first to handle it.
Plus all the assurance that comes with knowing it is previously, unopened:cool:

Back
Top Bottom