1920 x 1200 for around £200

Associate
Yeah, I mean, I have not had it myself the 4850 I got from OCUK was B-Grade, so bound to be opened.
Hearing of receiving already opened goods from OCUK is slightly, (Only slightly.) off-putting.
I mean, again, is it not part of the magic of receiving a new item, unboxing it and knowing you are the first to handle it.
Plus all the assurance that comes with knowing it is previously, unopened:cool:
Indeed. I fancy one of these screens as mentioned above, and as I work near M6 J11, I'm tempted to waive my forum-member free postage and get in the car to OCUK one lunchtime to ensure I get an unopened box - not right really :(

Soldato
OP
It's not right, correct.

They have replied and said "This item could have been opened to check it had the correct power plug in as we have been having a few EU plugs sent in the monitors we do appologise that it has been damaged and we can replace the monitor if you would like?"

So a good answer I guess, and could well be true, but it doesn't explain why the TFT was partially unwrapped.....

I won't be getting it swapped out either as I've registered this S/N with Samsung and I just can't be arsed.

When the new HD4850 was sent pre-opened Gibbo gave me a 10% off voucher to say sorry, but unfortunately he left before I used it and now it can't be used (as I have to contact him before I ordered to apply the discount) :(

So a 10% sorry gift would be great this time.

Soldato
Sorry to sound like a giant noob here, but what's the main difference between 1920 x 1080 and 1920 x 1200?

I thought 1920 x 1200 was the standard widescreen resolution, so where has 1920 x 1080 come from?

Edit: Ok, so I read about 1920 x 1080 (16:9 ratio), it's full HD resolution. Is this any better or worse for gaming than 1920 x 1200 (which I suppose is more 16:10 ratio)?

Last edited:

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
A lot of panels are 1080 instead of 1200 these days.
They are cheaper to make.

Tv's are also 1080 so the same panels can be used for both.

Personally i prefer 1200 instead of 1080.

Soldato
Ok, I ordered one, will be replacing my trusty Dell branded Sony Trinitron 21" CRT which has started having issues when turning on (blurred screen for several minutes) :( . Will free up some space at last though and the extra desktop resolution will be appreciated! :) .

Associate
It's not right, correct.

They have replied and said "This item could have been opened to check it had the correct power plug in as we have been having a few EU plugs sent in the monitors we do appologise that it has been damaged and we can replace the monitor if you would like?"

So a good answer I guess, and could well be true, but it doesn't explain why the TFT was partially unwrapped.....

I won't be getting it swapped out either as I've registered this S/N with Samsung and I just can't be arsed.

When the new HD4850 was sent pre-opened Gibbo gave me a 10% off voucher to say sorry, but unfortunately he left before I used it and now it can't be used (as I have to contact him before I ordered to apply the discount) :(

So a 10% sorry gift would be great this time.
So, aside from your misfortune with open boxes and scuffed bezels, how do you like the monitor?

Back
Top Bottom