2.0 Desktop Speakers

Caporegime
I'm referring to this, using the speaker like this is a 50-100% improvement in audio quality.

speakers.jpg

https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-can-my-monitors-go-their-sides

Soldato
The tweeter is level with my ears, that picture is taken from above so speaker does not appear as high.

Speaker sounds better in that position, tried speaker all ways around.

Soldato
Why not get some real deal speakers first? :p ;)

Well those speakers are working as satellites on a Edifier S530. I'm actually quite happy with the sound on them.

I did almost buy some Elac B6.2, until I found out the Elac's are not shielded and was worried they would magnetise he watches I wear.

I do have over £800 worth of Yamaha floor standing speakers in the lounge downstairs.

Soldato
Everyone hear differently and likes different sound... Me I like quite a crisp sound not too warm or you loose the sound quality, with the bass slightly infront of it, so you get a bit of a pounding sound.

Soldato
Everyone hear differently and likes different sound...

Well desk/office speakers should be raised to ear level, and positioned to the sides of you. Also you need to isolate them else you muddy the bottom end.

Next time your listening to your desk / computer speakers, put your hand flat on the desk. If you can feel vibration that is muddying the sound and reducing sound quality.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
With speakers sound proofing is also important to get the best out. Otherwise if you standup and go to a corner of your room, you will hear all the bass that you won't hear sitting down.

I'd love to have a dedicated music room with bass traps in each corner etc

Soldato
I have some BOSE Companion 2 Series 3 2.0 speakers on for delivery tomorrow.

Will report back how they are, but im sure at £85 for some BOSE speakers..cant be all bad..

Soldato
The BOSE speakers are great value for money IMO..the only thing is, out the box the bass is a bit weak, but with some audio tinkering they will perform pretty damn well for the price point!

Soldato
update -

I know this is over your budget, but, I recently changed to the Logitech G560 2.1 speaker setup, and OMG, night and day for volume and quality against the BOSE Companion speakers!!!

Back
Top Bottom