£20 for windows 8 upgrade

Associate
thanks,
quick question re the upgrade: if I upgrade my current Windows 7 machine to Windows 8 can I then use the Windows 7 licence on another machine simultaneously or is it no longer usable because its been effectively upgraded to a windows 8 licence (I hope that makes sence).

Permabanned
Tried that and i got the following

Unfortunately, the information provided during the registration process is not eligible for the upgrade offer

Strange, my machine is in my sig and came from overclockers last year, can't for the life of me remember where I got win 7 from. I do know it was not from overclockers. This is the machine I stuck in which got approved with my old win 7 key.

Last edited:
Associate
worked for me too, only it never asked for my windows 7 key!
I just got an email saying this
Windows Upgrade Offer will be available to order from 26 October 2012 until 28 February 2013. Around 26 October 2012, you will receive another email that includes your personal promotion code which enables you to receive the special promotional pricing for the digital download of Windows 8 Pro. That email will also include instructions on how to order the Windows 8 Pro download and how to purchase an optional DVD. The email will be sent to the email address you provided when you registered. If you change your email address prior to 26 October 2012, please visit the My Order webpage indicated above and update your email address. This will ensure your promotion code and ordering instructions are sent to the appropriate email address.

Note: You must order your upgrade using the PC that you wish to upgrade.

so maybe it will work it out when i try to order the upgrade because I have to use the PC i want to upgrade from.

Associate
Students with a DreamSpark Premium account can now get the Windows 8 RTM. It's the Professional version with 32 and 64 bit flavours available. :)

Soldato
Soldato
I had a upgrade 8 offer send buy microsoft via email for buy a pc with windows 7 and get windows 8 pro for £14.99. Shame its not for everyone with windows 7 as i've had my asus G73 since 2010 and it won't like me choose date of purchase lower than 2012. Bummer.

I had that offer for my new Samsung laptop,going to upgrade that for £14.99,however keeping my gaming PC on Win7 for now.

Program Information

We’ve got you covered.

Buy a Windows 7 PC and get Windows 8 Pro for £14.99.

Refer to the information below for the offer details.
Eligibility Details

The offer is for customers (e.g. Home users, students, and enthusiasts) who purchase a qualified PC. A qualified PC is a new PC purchased during the promotional period with a valid Windows 7 OEM Certificate of Authenticity and product key for, and preinstalled with:
Windows 7 Home Basic;
Windows 7 Home Premium;
Windows 7 Professional; or
Windows 7 Ultimate.

The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per qualified PC purchased, and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.
Key Dates

You must purchase a qualifying Windows 7 PC between 2 June 2012 and 31 January 2013 to be eligible for this offer. The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is 28 February 2013.

Be interesting to see what Win9 brings for desktop users.

Back
Top Bottom