2005 A1GP Championship - Round 3 - Estoril

Niet Problemski. :D

Could be anb interesting sprint race - several quick people lower down.

Scott Speed once again making me wonder why he's wanted in F1...

Simon/~Flibster

Flibster said:
Scott Speed once again making me wonder why he's wanted in F1...

Agreed, the only thing he seems to have going for him is he's the only American who seems to be interested in moving to F1.

It strikes me as strange that he's getting a chance yet no one seems to be talking to Piquet.

rpstewart said:
Agreed, the only thing he seems to have going for him is he's the only American who seems to be interested in moving to F1.

It strikes me as strange that he's getting a chance yet no one seems to be talking to Piquet.

Precicely. I feel that Piquet would be a much better bet in F1.

Especially if they got rid of driver aids - he'd do very well indeed.

Also - there may be an engine upgrade coming later this year for the A1GP cars - putting them up to ~600bhp without the powerboost..

Simon/~Flibster

Flibster said:
We can hope.

Estoril is where I had my first F1 Experience so I have very fond memories of the place. :D

Week there with the Tyrrell team - Dinner with Johnathan Palmer, Jean Alesi, Ken Tyrrell and members of the team at a seriously posh resturant...that Palmer paid for himself :eek:

wow.. /me is jealous :p
yeah its a half decent track for overtaking.. might see a nice race :)

Austria forfeits 21st position

Following today's qualifying session, Austria was subsequently punished with the loss of one position on the grid for the Sprint Race after stewards discovered a weight infringement.

Consequently, Pakistan is promoted to 21st on the grid.

Good to Jos putting in a good lap and getting upto the 3rd row of the grid for the Sprint race. About time he had a break.

And Flibster, you think the USA mechanics look silly on the TV, you should see them in person at the track! Appauling! Look like escaped cons!

I think is is funny the way that every time they go to that race driver person in the studio they put up the caption .... F1 driver!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard of him in F1 circles.

Hiann said:
I think is is funny the way that every time they go to that race driver person in the studio they put up the caption .... F1 driver!!!!!!!!!!! I have never heard of him in F1 circles.

He's tested occasionally for Williams F1 - thats it.

By that count - I could have F1 Driver under my name when I appear on TV...I reckon I've done more miles in F1 cars than him by some margin.

He does have the personality of a deep fried halibut though - get someone who gets excited up there for *insert deity of choice here* sake!

Simon/~Flibster

Hiann said:
And Flibster, you think the USA mechanics look silly on the TV, you should see them in person at the track! Appauling! Look like escaped cons!

They are terrible... :D

Anyone who doesn't know what we're on about - check out these 2 links..

First is of the team - second is Scott Speed - Team USA's driver...

Team USA

Scott Speed

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom