2005 Canadian Grand Prix

IPBA said:
Flibster I admire the job you do here but I do not like the way you show some level of hatered towards Ferrari or Shumi

I personally like ferrari and like to see them win but to call Schumacher a dangerous driver and continue to give stick like you do every race weekend is a bit pathetic.

Does anybody remember the days when Senna ran into prost at the first corner of the last race to secure the championship and vice versa.

Remeber when everyone used to label Eddie Irvine as unsafe and also don't forget Massa who in his early F1 years was a bit of a lunatic.

Every driver has his good & bad points but to single out one driver and continue to badger him is sad.

Fine - Ignore is in the User CP.

My dislike *I wouldnt say hatred...I have a hatred for Jean Toad and Max and Bernie though* comes purely from personal experience of working with him as well as having seen a lot of his moves after'effects in the pit lane afterwards.

As well as talking to other drivers about him *past and current drivers*

Thing is...Opinions are like bungholes...Everyone has one - no-one really wants to hear it.. ;)

Senna and Prost physically hated each other and Senna would only refer to the Prost as 'him' or 'the frenchman'

Once Prost retired he felt bad about it and was going to make it up with Senna - but he died and Prost one one of the few drivers who turned up at his funeral - better than that - he carried the coffin and gave Senna's family his crash helmet.

Irvine was never unsafe - he was initially overconfident and as such a liability. After a half dozen accidents he calmed down a lot and started to learn how to drive the car.

Massa was unsafe - but spending 3(?) years as a test driver made him better.

By the looks of it Montoya could be in for some pretty harsh punishment, causing an avoidable accident in Monaco, a slightly dodgy move in praccy at Nurburgring and then this today, FIA (who were watching him) will prolly throw the book at em.

Sets it up nicely for Indy though, both McLaren and Renault look pretty even (if they all stay on track) and Ferrari are slowly moving up the grid. If BAR remain reliable then it could be a good race for them.

IPBA said:
Flibster I admire the job you do here but I do not like the way you show some level of hatered towards Ferrari or Shumi

I agree with that.

Its a shame its gotten this way in here but its almost as bad as the ITV commentary teams hatred of Schuey and Ferrari (although how much of their hatred is down to pure hatred or a misguided sense of patriotism I dont know). /Ignore on....

I think there is some hatred towards Montoya from the FIA, it's not surprising, they classicly hate racing. I wouldn't be surpirsed if we had a grid full of boring robots next year, sigh! *shakes head*

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Being a scot i'm a big fan of DC but I realise that on this forum i'm part of a very small minority, sure I find it annoying when others slate him and I question why on a british forum he gets so little respect when button in a better car has done nothing all season, but they have every right to their opinion and it's not going to spoil my own enjoyment of the sport.

Heard a rumour from a Friend at the FIA they Montoya may be asked to make an appearance....

Could it be time for Montoya to bend over and prepare for Max's shaft? Hope not. I can see Montoya going back to Cart if that happens.

Hopefully it is only a rumour though.

Simon/~Flibster

I sincerely hope not. While what he did was a little stupid, you can't deny that drivers like him are a bit of fresh air to the sport. What people want to see is proper, fiesty racing, and Montoya brings that.

I don't believe some people are defending Montoya - leaving the pit lane with a red light showing is a very serious offence! They should throw the rule book at him, deserves a ban.

No one is defending his actions in that particular incident! I think everyone agrees to an extent that what he did was stupid, and it deserves punishing. What people are disagreeing over however, is the extent of punishment.

For example, you say you think he deserves a ban for going through the light. Don't you think that disqualification from the race is punishment enough? He had his first win of the season on the cards, and I bet he is hurting inside because of his mistake. At the end of the day, a ban for x number of races is going to benefit no one, and will make the races worse as a spectacle.

pinkaardvark said:
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Being a scot i'm a big fan of DC but I realise that on this forum i'm part of a very small minority, sure I find it annoying when others slate him and I question why on a british forum he gets so little respect when button in a better car has done nothing all season, but they have every right to their opinion and it's not going to spoil my own enjoyment of the sport.

Its media fueled hysteria ;). Same thing happened with Damon Hill, Nigel Mansel. If you look at the way the English media portray their football team then you'll get the idea.

DC seems to have mellowed a lot this season, something which was apparent with his comments to Louise Goodman. Being away from McLaren has lifted the presure away from him (tbh his time in F1 will probably be over 2 or 3 seasons). Shame we couldnt get Allan McNish back in F1 and in a decent car.

Flibster said:

Sorry what was that, I'm ignoring you ;).

Back
Top Bottom