2005 Canadian Grand Prix

Man of Honour
Flibster said:
Not getting at you mate - It's jsut I've done this like this for well - since the beginning of last season - and someone ALWAYS does pretty much what you did..

Every time... :(

No worries mate. Might just be worth putting a lil note "Results hidden - select to show" or something might that. Shouldn't happen then.

Mal :)

Man of Honour
OP
So - Surprises:

Obviously Button - the car has been good this weekend - had no suspicions it was quite that good though.

M.Schumacher - I really don't think they've found 2 seconds since this morning.

Villeneuve - Has he actually found a way to drive the car?

Williams - Very slow here. Nearly 2 seconds off the pace, thats not right.

Albers - How the hell did get get that time out of the car??

Red Bull Racing - they're weird - some tracks they're fast - others they're slow. Possibly there's an aerodynamic issue at the root of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Going to be a good race tomorrow.

Away from qualifying, If Button moves to Williams as expected, then will he replace Heidfeld or Webber?

Man of Honour
Aye, interesting. Suprised by Button's poll. The BARs have shown strengh this weekend but wasn't expecting that.

M Schum hasn't shown much strenth so maybe its a fueling strategy. Hopefully Button will stay ahead at the start of the race :)

Suprised that Kimi is so far down, and also both the Williams.

Mal :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fire 1 said:
Going to be a good race tomorrow.

Away from qualifying, If Button moves to Williams as expected, then will he replace Heidfeld or Webber?

If BMW team up with Sauber then I would say Heidfeld is good bet to go there. Mind you Nick's well thought of by the Williams team and unless Webber picks up the pace he could be heading for the exit.

The big question is Barichello, rumour has him at BAR next year in place of JB. Massa is the obvious candidate to replace him which would dovetail with Nick going to Sauber.

Soldato
very very interesting grid, should be a very good race indeed! surprised at the pace of the front two, probably running a lot less fuel but we shall see!

Soldato
I'm wondering if Ferrari are banking on rain forcing everyone into a short first stint tomorrow and going light on fuel to make the most of it. Could pay off spectacularly if their weathermen have got it right.

Associate
Just read that due to the high temperatures there were problems with the new surface and that concrete patches had to be laid at corners. The corners affected are Turns 1, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 12.

Associate
I too am surprised by Button's pole, wouldn't have expected that in only their second race back. Button is on a new engine this weekend iirc, so it does look good, although I'm not so sure about the BARs race pace.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Alonso jump Schumi at the start, and possibly even Button, that Renault is electric off the line. I think that if Alonso does get the lead at the start, and scampers off into the distance then they will be very hard to beat, I am expecting their race pace to be very strong tomorrow afternoon.

Am slightly surprised by Kimi's grid slot, going on free practise times I would have thought he might have ended up a little higer. He could well be light on fuel, but what about tyres? I know last race's problems weren't all brought on solely by the tyres, but is it possible they have elected to go with a harder compound this race?

Lets hope the weather mixes it up a bit eh, haven't had a properly weather interrupted race so far this season.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yup - that was a 640x480 web stream though. ;)

Going to record the ITV 'show' to dvd though...

And the pizza has just arrived. How about that for timing. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom