2005 Japanese Grand Prix

TV Times.

Qualifying: Saturday 8 October 2325-0045 (ITV1)

Live race: Sunday 9 October 0520-0805 (ITV1)
Highlights: Monday 10 October 0010-0110 (ITV1)
Highlights: Tuesday 11 October 0240-0335 (ITV2)
Race replay: Thursday 13 October 0220-0435 (ITV1)

Time for another bitching email I think...

This is getting ridiculous...they obviously haven't learnt. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So - once again will be hiding the qualifying times until it's shown on tv..

Simon/~Flibster

Are there no webcasts out these days broadcasting F1?

Im amazing no ones got this going yet. I remember in the good old days of sky, I could get RTL and F1 in German; they always seemed to make more sense than Murray Walker at the time (but I think thats what made the man special?!)

<(Multi)> said:
Are there no webcasts out these days broadcasting F1?

Im amazing no ones got this going yet. I remember in the good old days of sky, I could get RTL and F1 in German; they always seemed to make more sense than Murray Walker at the time (but I think thats what made the man special?!)

Nope. No web broadcasts available for normal people. ;)

I miss F1 Digital... :(

Simon/~Flibster

I take it this thread wont be nearly as busy as the last one coz of the time?
unless we all syncronise our videos :D 9am start sounds good to me

plus....plus....did I mention pluusss... we can get rid of the adz :D

Last edited:
Going to be a bit quieter - Not many people want to get up at 5:00am for the race. :D

Although I've watched every GP live for the past 10 years or so now... :eek:

Many of them have been from the trackside/pit though. ;)

Spent far too much time watching GP's...

Simon/~Flibster

Flibster said:
Not many people want to get up at 5:00am for the race. :D
I will! I've only missed the odd live race over the years :)

Btw I emailed ITV asking why they arent even showing the qualifying live on ITV2 on Sat.

Last edited:
Flibster said:
TV Times.

Theres a race replay between 14:00-16:30 on ITV1 on Sunday afternoon according to my listings :).

No live qual though is a pain though, damn ITV, they have ITV2 and ITV3 to and do they even use them for live coverage, support races, etc, nope :(.

Arc said:
Theres a race replay between 14:00-16:30 on ITV1 on Sunday afternoon according to my listings :).

No live qual though is a pain though, damn ITV, they have ITV2 and ITV3 to and do they even use them for live coverage, support races, etc, nope :(.

Possibly...those were pulled straight off www.itv-f1.com - could be that the site is craply updated. :confused:

Simon/~Flibster

I hate ITV for F1. Bring back BBC and Murray! The ads drive me potty. You even missed some of Fernando Alonsos championship podium due to ads. Not on

Flibster said:
TV Times.

Simon/~Flibster

No mid-afternoon race replay? :mad: :mad:
I've got up for the early grand prix since i was about 11, but this year i dont really think its worth it :(

Also.. 22 cars again on the grid next year? :D
Haven't seen more than 20 since arrows disappeared :(

Liuzzi, Speed, for '06 seats

Red Bull will not fund a 'Friday' driver for its newly acquired Minardi team in 2006, owner Dietrich Mateschitz has revealed.

But he told Italian magazine Autosprint that Swiss youngster Neel Jani is first in line for the equivalent role at senior team Red Bull Racing.

Also in the interview, the Austrian billionaire dropped the biggest hint yet that Vitantonio Liuzzi and American Scott Speed will line up for the 'Red Bull Rookie' (Minardi) camp next year.

Asked what the definitive lineup would look like, Mateschitz answered: 'Vito Liuzzi and probably Scott Speed - even though there are many requests for the second car.'

Among those who may have knocked on the Faenza factory door are Robert Doornbos, Franck Montagny, Heikki Kovalainen, Narain Karthikeyan, Tiago Monteiro and Takuma Sato.

China get help for F1 dream

Five stalwarts of the motor sport world have united in a bid to help China develop a racing culture.

The populous nation may already have a grand prix and magnificent Formula One venue at Shanghai, but it does not yet have the foundation on which to one day succeed with a home-grown driver or F1 team.

Asia Racing Technologies is made up of IRL, F3 and GP2 car maker Gian Paulo Dallara, former F1 aerodynamicist Jean-Claude Migeot, ex-Peugeot man Bruno Engelric and once Enzo Ferrari lawyer Luca Birindelli.

They plan to set up a 'young engineer training' course as well as R&D facilities within a new 'Motorsport Valley' to be located near the Shanghai track.

The group will also be involved in a Chinese race driver school and the establishment of a national, F3-style single seater series.

'It a great dream,' said Dallara, 'to think that, in five or ten years time, we were the people who had the vision (to) help China towards their first Formula One team or Le Mans 24 Hour car.'

DC set for lasting F1 role

David Coulthard will stay at Red Bull even after he has called it a day as a Formula One driver.

That's the revelation of Austrian billionaire, energy drink magnate and grand prix team owner Dietrich Mateschitz.

He told Italian magazine Autosprint that 34-year-old Coulthard's presence in the Formula One paddock 'is ideal for us'.

'He's aware of when the right time will come to retire, but he'll stay involved ... even after he stops as a driver,' said Dieter.

Mateschitz reckons Scotland-born DC is a 'new man' after years of service at McLaren-Mercedes. Gone is the clean-cut, corporate-spoken Coulthard, and in his place the stubble-bearded, plain-talking, often controversial racer.

The team owner recalls when David was told to stop shaving and being so diplomatic to the press: 'Used as he was to Mercedes, he thought we were taking the P*iddle*.'

'Alonso worth $66m'

If you believe the boasts of Flavio Briatore, new world champion Fernando Alonso could be about to overtake Michael Schumacher in another F1 department.

Briatore, Renault's 'Playboy' F1 boss, reckons the little Spaniard should become the highest paid driver in pitlane.

He told the 'Welt am Sonntag' newspaper that 24-year-old Alonso - who 'Flav' also manages - pumped up his market value by a staggering '1000 per cent' when he recently wrapped up the title.

Alonso, who is under contract to Renault for another year, earns about $6.6 million per season at the moment - the same as teammate Giancarlo Fisichella.

When the newspaper interviewer recoiled in disbelief at the '1000 per cent' claim, Briatore added: 'Maybe even more.' A 1000 per cent pay increase would see Alonso earn a cool $66 million in 2007, and 'Flav' would collect $6.6m through his ten per cent managerial deal.

The Schumacher brothers' infamous manager, however, cast doubt on his fellow manager's calculations. 'I think he is having trouble with his zeros,' Willi Weber said.

'Perhaps Alonso could ask for a 100 per cent increase, but the rest is fantasy,' he smiled.

Weber does, though, admit that just about every motor home's door will have now opened for F1's youngest champ. 'He can basically just choose where he wants to drive now,' the German conceded.

'Ferrari monopoly to blame'

Ferrari's monopoly on Bridgestone tyre development is to blame for the scarlet collaboration's fall from grace this season, the Japanese tyre supplier has admitted.

The tyre marque's director of development, Hirohide Hamashima, explained that Bridgestone could not keep up with Michelin - with many top teams on the books - in the race to adapt to brand new rules.

Hamashima said evaluating a single tyre obviously takes longer because it must now be tested over a full race distance.

'That is why it has taken us a long time to develop a new specification and that has delayed our progress,' he added.

For 2005, the FIA decreed that - unlike in the past - cars must complete qualifying and the grand prix with a single set of Formula One rubber.

'Last year,' Japan's Hamashima continued, 'over 350km we could have tested three types of compound or specification.'

Bridgestone (and Ferrari), therefore, are breathing sighs of relief that Toyota and Williams will join the Japanese fold next year. Hamashima revealed that the pair 'want to cooperate' with Ferrari.

'So their technical directors will be involved in discussions and I would like to see a sharing of data from testing going on in our trucks,' he continued. 'I believe our development speed will get much quicker because of this.'

Hamashima did, though, warn Williams and Toyota not to necessarily expect equal treatment in 2006. He insisted: 'We will not reduce the resources we put into Ferrari.'

WHich tbh is what I was expecting - Ferrari are their top team..Everyone else is scum...

Minardi can stay

F1 founder Gian Carlo Minardi could be retained by Red Bull after the drinks company takes over the team from Paul Stoddart on the first of November.

Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz said the Italian would 'always be welcome' at Faenza, according to the Italian Autosprint publication.

'I don't know (him),' Mateschitz said, 'but he was the founder, the big father.

'We'll talk to him, we'll discuss it, but the doors for him are always open.'

Back
Top Bottom