2005 San Marino Grand Prix

Soldato
Joined
19 Oct 2003
Posts
3,212
Location
Right here, right now!
I agree with you about spain..... Although its an aero track and both the renault and ferrari are good aerodynamiclly I think that the ferrari and the bridgestone tyres will be better.......sigh!

I take it from your sig that you're a shumi fan?
 
Man of Honour
Joined
17 Oct 2002
Posts
9,711
Location
Retired Don
Coulthard admits to Massa bust-up
David Coulthard has revealed that he grabbed F1 rival Felipe Massa by the throat after they clashed on the track during the San Marino Grand Prix.
"I was absolutely furious and saw red," the Scot told the Daily Mirror. "I have respect for other drivers and I expect them to have respect for me."

The Scot admitted he stepped in front of Massa's car as the Brazilian was leaving the Imola paddock on Sunday.

"I leaned in and grabbed him by the neck," he said.

"Then I looked up and saw his parents were in the back and that cooled things down pretty quickly.


Massa had the chance to apologise after the race but he didn't
David Coulthard

"I didn't want to embarrass him in front of them. But he continued ranting that I had used unsporting behaviour.

"Massa accused me of driving his car off the road at 200mph and I have never done that in my life. But I am not in this business to give way to anyone."

The Sauber driver hit the back of Coulthard's car during the race and angrily raised a finger at him when he finally overtook.

"I once showed Schumacher the finger when I was angry but I apologised afterwards," said Coulthard.

"Massa had the chance to do that after the race but he didn't."
 
Man of Honour
OP
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
40,007
Type_R said:
LOL, we shall wait and see. I don't think those renaults will be anywhere near the ferraris at Spain.

I am just sitting here wondering how old you are and how much insight you have in the sport.

Notice you said that about him rather than me when we both said exactly the same thing... ;) :D

Oh...Testing time for the Minardi's..or rather it will be if their drivers stop driving into each other and damaging the cars.. *guess what happened on Tuesday...*

Simon/~Flibster
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
6,205
Location
EGBB
Flibster said:
Notice you said that about him rather than me when we both said exactly the same thing... ;) :D

Oh...Testing time for the Minardi's..or rather it will be if their drivers stop driving into each other and damaging the cars.. *guess what happened on Tuesday...*

Simon/~Flibster

Thats because at least he has an excuse for thinking what he does, knowing your background it seems you are already a lost cause ;)

Strange that when DC gets a taste of his own medicine (thinking back to Spa many a year ago) he reacts the same way the monster arrogant German would!
 
Man of Honour
OP
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
40,007
Type_R said:
Thats because at least he has an excuse for thinking what he does, knowing your background it seems you are already a lost cause ;)

Strange that when DC gets a taste of his own medicine (thinking back to Spa many a year ago) he reacts the same way the monster arrogant German would!

That the time when it was hissing it down and DC was off the racing line and MS drove over the back of him at something like 180mph? ;) :D

Looking forward to the reception that the Spanish are going to give Alonso - could be interesting. :D

I loved the bit of that story where DC noticed his parents in the back. Kodak moment I think. :D

Simon/~Flibster
 

Arc

Arc

Associate
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
1,759
Flibster said:
That the time when it was hissing it down and DC was off the racing line and MS drove over the back of him at something like 180mph? ;) :D

You have a somewhat biased memory when it comes to a certain 7 times world champion ;).

DC, a lap or two down, out on the track with a car that shouldnt be out there (had already been in the pits trying to get it sorted) and he decides to brake test Schumacher on a wet straight at a three figure speed, not the best thing to do.
 
Man of Honour
OP
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
40,007
Arc said:
You have a somewhat biased memory when it comes to a certain 7 times world champion ;).

DC, a lap or two down, out on the track with a car that shouldnt be out there (had already been in the pits trying to get it sorted) and he decides to brake test Schumacher on a wet straight at a three figure speed, not the best thing to do.

I love the way that people always drag up the "7 times would champion" argument..so what? That makes him right all the while?

At that point - any car that could be driven was in the hunt for points - people were going off the track left right and centre *remember Brazil 2003?*

I also seem to remember that at that point I was working with Ferrari.

I've worked with 7 different F1 teams...Not saying which were better to be with than others, but some of the teams were very different to how they are portrayed.

You couldn't see sod all out on track. That was a racing incident. DC was off the racing line as his car was effctively knackered. It's was a very sick car - no where near the speed it should have been. The biggest problem was his collision with Wurz *someone who really deserves a race drive* after DC spun and pretty much started that 14 car pile up...

Schumacher assumed that he would be on the racing line - which he wasn't. He assumed that he would be let through on the next straight..

DC assumed that Schumacher would stick to the racing line - he didn't.

Sadly the only person who seemed to be angry that it happend was Schumacher - he was obsessed that DC had tried to kill him. Most of the team just accepted it.

Some events have a definate bad guy - most are just racing incidents though.

Although the pile up at the beginning of that race was amazing..teams were grabbing anything they could. Didn't matter if it was from their car or not. :D

Being honest I don't know why I bother to carry this on anymore. The team I love is no longer in F1, all the drivers I support are no longer in F1 either *couple of them are no longer alive*

Someone else can do the next one of these..
 
Man of Honour
OP
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
40,007
Team: Lotus - Colin Chapman was possible the best designer ever in F1. What would the cars be like now if he was still alive. :(

Drivers: Senna, Prost *superb teammates... ;)*, Herbert, Berger.

None of the driver combinations to day live up to the Senna/Prost combo. Closest really is the potential between Raikkonen and Montoya.
Personally - none of the drivers today live up to Senna's ability.
 

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Joined
6 Jun 2004
Posts
19,517
Location
Burton-on-Trent
Flibster said:
Team: Lotus - Colin Chapman was possible the best designer ever in F1. What would the cars be like now if he was still alive. :(

I suspect Colin would be horrified at how constricting the rules are for cars now....
 
Soldato
Joined
15 Oct 2003
Posts
14,763
Location
Chengdu
But Schumacher wasn't "7 times world champion" at that point so that arguement is irrelevant, not that it means anything anyway. Schumacher "7 times world champion" that means that everything he touches turns to gold and all his drives are amazing and he cant be faulted...
And as for DC brake testing him... Lol, get real... Anyone who would brake test someone at those speeds in those conditions has a death wish, and I don't think that's DC's style.

It was funny when Schumi went up to DC accusing him of trying to kill him, if the fight had broken out, we'd have seen one broken Schumacher in the pits I believe... :D
 
Soldato
Joined
15 Oct 2003
Posts
14,763
Location
Chengdu
Infact, I hate the when people accuse drivers of brake testing...
I remember when Verstappen ragged Montoya out of the Brazilian GP and denied him the home win, the anti-Montoya crew were all out accusing him of brake testing verstappen...
What race were they watching? The incident I saw was a lapped Verstappen proving that he shouldn't have been sitting in that Arrows and an innocent Montoya cruely defeated. Thank christ we will not see Verstappen in an F1 car again! :D
 
Soldato
Joined
19 Oct 2003
Posts
3,212
Location
Right here, right now!
Emlyn_Dewar said:
But Schumacher wasn't "7 times world champion" at that point so that arguement is irrelevant, not that it means anything anyway. Schumacher "7 times world champion" that means that everything he touches turns to gold and all his drives are amazing and he cant be faulted...
And as for DC brake testing him... Lol, get real... Anyone who would brake test someone at those speeds in those conditions has a death wish, and I don't think that's DC's style.

It was funny when Schumi went up to DC accusing him of trying to kill him, if the fight had broken out, we'd have seen one broken Schumacher in the pits I believe... :D

Senna, Prost or Mansell didn't need a contract saying that his team mate could not beat him! Not like shuey has had with all his championships.
Really great racing drivers do not need that! :D

I think Senna was the greatest natural talented driver that 'I have watched' but no one beats our Nige for side by side racing and overtaking.....wow do you remember overtaking??? :confused:
 
Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
40,007
Oh...Toyota have dropped their protest about their punishment. So Ralf is 11th now..

May be 10th after the FIA protest...

Simon/~Flibster
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
6,205
Location
EGBB
The only thing perhaps that I have agreed with in this thread: Ayrton Senna was the best F1 driver to grace a F1 car ever, I believe. The likes of Schumacher/Montoya/Kimi/Alonso just are not in the same league as Senna.
 
Back
Top Bottom