2005 Spanish Grand Prix

Soldato
OP
Hey, sorry for the lack of practise 3 times and the lateness of the quali results, just got home and have had no sleep, damn...
Anyway, I'll just get something to eat and get the sector times and speed trap info for quali1 done.

Associate
Hmm, exactly a second covering the top 10, and 1.2 sec down to 12th. Is it just me, or is that rather closer than sometimes?

Obviously there is tomorrows qualifying to go, but it may yet be an interesting race!

Alan Woodford

Soldato
OP
It's a track a lot of teams test on and it is getting quite close, really should be an exciting race, at last!
Interesting to point out that a few of these laps are faster than last years pole time... So much for slowing the cars down! :D

Soldato
Gojira said:
Hmm, exactly a second covering the top 10, and 1.2 sec down to 12th. Is it just me, or is that rather closer than sometimes?

Obviously there is tomorrows qualifying to go, but it may yet be an interesting race!

Alan Woodford
yeah it makes a change.... lets hope the actual race is ok

Soldato
Emlyn_Dewar said:
It's a track a lot of teams test on and it is getting quite close, really should be an exciting race, at last!
Interesting to point out that a few of these laps are faster than last years pole time... So much for slowing the cars down! :D
as its a real aero track the drivers will have major problems getting anywhere near the back of the car in front until the tyres wear or the driver in front makes a mistake

here's hoping for an exciting race with REAL overtaking and none of this in the pits crap :(

Man of Honour
Well we all know he will come top 3 by passing the upper field in the pits :p but then if no cars are drivable when close to the car infront, there isn't much else they can do :o

Soldato
Emlyn_Dewar said:
A lot of people have been talking about that... however last year they never ran as light as they have today with new tires. Qualifying was with fuel and during the race once the fuel was gone, the tires were already badly worn.

Soldato
Duke said:
Well we all know he will come top 3 by passing the upper field in the pits :p but then if no cars are drivable when close to the car infront, there isn't much else they can do :o
I asume you're talking about shuey....

If you are I agree as he seems not to be able to overtake on the track!

Associate
Joe T said:
Is that supposed to be in the public domain? Just owndering...

Its quite interesting, and it shows that BAR may have a case. :)

Somewhat surprisingly, yes it is. There's a link to it from BAR's website, and they certainly told the beeb they were making it public.

The bits I've read make Max Moseley's comments seem harsh.

Certainly sounds like there is some weasel-room in the regs :eek:

Alan Woodford

Soldato
An excellent read, ignoring this case, there's lots of interesting info in there. However, I don't think we can make any judgement from this document, it's only one side of the story! If you read just the prosecution or just the defence statements from any case it's very easy to come away thinking they are guilty or innocent respectively.

Soldato
OP
Everything's always available from the FIA website, heaps of interesting stuff. Quite a lot of drivel aswell though... Paul Stoddart's massive whine to Max Mosely was a legendary read.

Caporegime
iirc i read somewhere that the only reason that BAR didnt appeal was that they wouldnt be able to get an authorative body to preside over the appeal in time. The only country that would be able to do it would be France apparently.

just what i read in the papers tho, so i dont fully understand it.

Soldato
OP
Right... this post needs to be first page... Anyway, I am very rubbish! Drunk and wrong! Dunno about live commentary, sigh...
Need to build tv computer, or else I'm trashed or something... But it's the thought that counts!

Associate
Calling all Northern Ireland F1 fans......

Ok, anybody ever watched qualy via Setanta Sports Ireland? Looks like its £12.99 per month & subscription line only opens at 8am. It is meant to the Republic of Ireland only channel, yet it tells you how to subscribe if you are in Northern Ireland...... Has anyone done this and what's the quality of the service like?

Back
Top Bottom