2005 Turkish Grand Prix

Man of Honour
OP
So...the known team lineups for next year...

Scuderia Ferrari
Ferrari.gif

Chassis: Scuderia Ferrari
Engine: Ferrari V8
1) M.Schumcaher
2) F.Massa

McLaren
McLaren.gif

Chassis: McLaren
Engine: Mercedes V8
1) K.Raikkonen
2) J.P. Montoya

Renault F1 Team
Renault.gif

Chassis: Renault F1 Team
Engine: Renault V8
1) F.Alonso
2)

BAR-Honda F1
BAR.gif

Chassis: BAR-Honda F1
Engine: Honda V8
1) R.Barrichello
2)

Red Bull Racing
RedBullRacing.gif

Chassis: Red Bull Racing
Engine: Ferrari V8
1) D.Coulthard
2)

Man of Honour
OP
WilliamsF1
WilliamsF1.gif

Chassis: WilliamsF1
Engine: Cosworth V8
1) M.Webber
2)

BMWF1
sauber.gif

Chassis: BMWF1
Engine: BMWF1 V8
1)
2)

Toyota Racing
Toyota.gif

Chassis: Toyota Racing
Engine: Toyota V8
1) J.Trulli
2) R.Schumacher

Midland F1
Jordan.gif

Chassis: Dallara
Engine: Toyota V8
1)
2)

Minardi F1 Team
Minardi.gif

Chassis: Minardi F1 Team
Engine: Cosworth V10
1)
2)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yes..I know they're this years cars...but it gets the idea across.. Could have done the drivers helmets as well...

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Cosworth V10's as far as I am aware - they're going to be restricted.

Afaik - they're the only team going down the V10 route. Could be good as it's less vibration and roughly the same weight.

Also, they'll be getting this years V10...

Simon/~Flibster

Arc

Arc

Associate
Yeah, another Tilke track. Which without even looking at the pics I know will have two or three really slow corners at the end of massive straights so obviously massive braking areas, and the rest will be a medium speed corner bore fest. Track width is prolly around 5 miles so theres plenty of space ;).

Well, not sure if I'm looking forward to this, dont like the guys tracks although it'll be good to see what kind of pace the cars are running with having been away for 3 weeks.

Next year is already shaping up to be rather different, V8's, odd driver line ups (who is getting that 2nd seat at BAR) and BMW getting a team to themselves.

Man of Honour
OP
Arc said:
Well, not sure if I'm looking forward to this, dont like the guys tracks although it'll be good to see what kind of pace the cars are running with having been away for 3 weeks.

Well with nine of the ten teams *hmmmm...* doing the testing ban there's only really one team I expect to have moved forward..

Guess who...

Arc said:
Next year is already shaping up to be rather different, V8's, odd driver line ups (who is getting that 2nd seat at BAR) and BMW getting a team to themselves.

I think that Button will either take a forced year out or be at Williams
If Davidson doesn't get that seat then he'll have to look at other teams as BAR will never give him a race.
Sato shouldn't have it - he's been hopeless this year - so you're looking at well...Heidfeld maybe? It's been bandied about as have a couple of rookies.

Having a rookie next to Barrichello could be very good - he's apparently a very good driver to learn from.

Simon/~Flibster

Arc

Arc

Associate
Flibster said:
Well with nine of the ten teams *hmmmm...* doing the testing ban there's only really one team I expect to have moved forward..

Guess who...

It wasnt just testing that I meant, theres bound to be some new aero or mechanical work been done on some of the cars, tyres constructions/compounds aswell should have been changed.

Flibster said:
I think that Button will either take a forced year out or be at Williams
If Davidson doesn't get that seat then he'll have to look at other teams as BAR will never give him a race.
Sato shouldn't have it - he's been hopeless this year - so you're looking at well...Heidfeld maybe? It's been bandied about as have a couple of rookies.

Having a rookie next to Barrichello could be very good - he's apparently a very good driver to learn from.

I dont think it will be Button due to the contract hes signed, well unless BAR buy it out which I dont think they'll be inclinded to do. Davidson should be racing, his practice pace is fast but with the massive stake that Honda now have in BAR I think Sato will stay.

Man of Honour
OP
Arc said:
It wasnt just testing that I meant, theres bound to be some new aero or mechanical work been done on some of the cars, tyres constructions/compounds aswell should have been changed.

Most teams do not bolt on parts straight form the wind tunnel or cfd anymore.

Well..apart from Williams who needed as much as they could get earlier this year.

They like to run them in at least 1 test to compare with the previous components. It could be much faster - but causes an imbalance or diverts air away from the cooling or things like that. Williams have been very lucky this year with that.

Engines may well have been improved - for those not running last race's engines.

Tyres won't have changed much at all - apart for 1 team.

A lot of the mechanicals won't have changed either - again - they prefer to test on the track rather than simulated tests.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Dutch Guy said:
I haven't followed Sato much this year, I know he still hasn't scored a point, but was he just unlucky or was/is his pace just too slow?

OT: @Arc, who/what is the robot in your sig, he looks familiar but I just can't think of where I know him from :confused:

He scored a point in the last race - last driver to..and still at the bottom of the points table.

It's the ABC Warrior from Judge Dredd ;)

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Flibster said:
He scored a point in the last race - last driver to..and still at the bottom of the points table.

It's the ABC Warrior from Judge Dredd ;)

Simon/~Flibster
Yeah he is last, but is that because he drove crap this year or his car broke down all the time.....?...... ah whatever, he should score more points :p

Judge Dredd, I would never have guessed that, thought it would be something more recent or Terminator 1/2/3

Man of Honour
OP
Dutch Guy said:
Yeah he is last, but is that because he drove crap this year or his car broke down all the time.....?...... ah whatever, he should score more points :p

Judge Dredd, I would never have guessed that, thought it would be something more recent or Terminator 1/2/3

His teammate is on 19 points.. ;)

I do think he's just been very....meh...this year tbh. His car hasn't been more or less reliable than Buttons so...

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
rpstewart said:
No one confirmed at Toyota yet? Surely Ralf's got at least another year?

Good point. :D Missed that one totally - Ralf is signed for 2 more years, Trulli for 1 more.

So far Ralf has been extremely unimpressive and Trulli has been a bit of a surprise at times.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Turkish GP on ITV1 and ITV2

Live qualifying: Saturday 20 August 1030-1210 (ITV1)

Live race: Sunday 21 August 1200-1500 (ITV1)

Highlights: Monday 22 August 0010-0110 (ITV1)
Highlights: Tuesday 23 August 0400-0450 (ITV2)

Race replay: Wednesday 24 August 0205-0445 (ITV1)

Man of Honour
OP
Stewart says Brit GP safe

Although Silverstone nearly dropped off the calendar in the winter, Sir Jackie Stewart says Britain will 'always' host a formula one race.

The triple world champion, also president of the circuit owning British Racing Drivers' Club, insisted that he is 'driven' to maintain the race's future beyond a new five year - to 2009 - deal.

In reality, though, Bernie Ecclestone actually dropped the British grand prix from the 2005 calendar for a time in the off season, and aims a steady barrage of criticism against the Northamptonshire venue's outdated track facilities.

But Stewart told BBC radio: 'I think by hook or by crook we will always have a British grand prix.'

That may be so, but F1 - especially with governments like Turkey willing to fork out millions for a race - is an expensive and competitive game.

Stewart, 66, called the costs 'incredible'.

'It is very difficult to keep up with the rising costs. To keep (the grand prix) is always a task but we intend to be able to handle that.

'We've got such a strong motorsport industry in this country (but) the economy of that depends on the grand prix.'

Back
Top Bottom